Why was the color of the Topic Starter badge changed?

AirwickWithCheese

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

One of his other personalities or puppets, I can't keep up anymore.  I try, and I fail to please these people.

Being serious for a moment. I in no way complained about the color. Quite the opposite. In fact, I recall saying it was beautiful Furman purple.  

So the q remains, why was it changed? 

1 hour ago, Lawrence T. Whistlepig III said:

Everyone? 

I am the forum whistlepig.  @Kirby and I want purple. 

Purple it shall be.  

...I thought this was a democracy ?  Wasn't there just a pinned topic that spoke about how this was a democracy, not an autocracy ?  I think there should be a poll,  with at least eight possible color choices, along with an additional space to explain your reasoning for your choice, as well as your political leanings, general life background, and hopes for the future of American democracy.:)

36 minutes ago, Lawrence T. Whistlepig III said:

No

Republic

I win, you lose. 

...that's not a republic. 

re·pub·lic
rəˈpəblik/
noun

1. a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.
    • archaic
      a group with a certain equality between its members.

8 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...you might be thinking of either a monarchy or a dictatorship.

Let me enlighten you, Foghorn

5 elected and or appointed leaders of this forum constitutes a Representative Republic. The only form of government that works. Otherwise, all you have are filthy hippies booing Tricia Nixon out of a gym when they aren't qualified to be working at Kmart

Love Always,

Lawrence

2 minutes ago, Lawrence T. Whistlepig III said:

Let me enlighten you, Foghorn

5 elected and or appointed leaders of this forum constitutes a Representative Republic. The only form of government that works. Otherwise, all you have are filthy hippies booing Tricia Nixon out of a gym when they aren't qualified to be working at Kmart

Love Always,

Lawrence

...when did we have the election, and why was I not notified of the polling results ? The leader of a republic is never appointed, although he might want to appoint some weasel underlings.  Possibly you are confusing a republic with something else, like what they have in the UK now, a parliamentary system, which derives originally from a monarchy ?  Here is a chart to help:

slide_3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I already said what we did to poor Tricia Nixon was kinda stupid.:blush:  I sincerely regret it.  It was not her fault what was happening then.:(

Hippies and community organizers do a lot of stupid things. Apologies decades later fail to undo the damage. 

You will look nice in Furman purple. 

Lord Whistlepig

Edited by Lawrence T. Whistlepig III
The Hollies