Are you signed up as an organ donor?

Road Runner

16 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I was surprised to see that only 3 people in a thousand die in a manner that allows for organ donation.  :(

I wonder if anything can be done to improve this statistic?  

I wonder more aboot the details.  I guess anyone who basically dies of old age has organs that are aboot spent anyway?  Like a car with 300,000 miles?

Yep. Aboot 10 years ago it was added to my DL.

I've been a blood donor since I was 18. Fairly regular donor except while I was in SA and the post Africa- sub-Saharan AIDS scare period. Dunno how much I've given LTD , but it's 46 pints since '07. If you ever get a transfusion & wake up craving hot wing or single malt scotch, you're welcome. 

• Heart 3

Gina donated a kidney back in 2000'ish. The hard way, pre ortho. I am signed up after being surrounded by people with organ problems.  Hopefully my headwind abused organs will do somebody some good someday. :D

• Heart 4

I was a blood donor all my life and organ donor on my driver's license. After I was diagnosed with leukemia I quit giving blood and removed the organ donor designation from the DL.  An organ transplant is a big deal, better to have a healthy one to donate.  I donated a Hammond organ one time.

• Heart 3