April 8 Calories

yup.  I'm hungry a lot now.  I am trying to lose weight.  At first I was shooting for a little, now I'm going for big pounds.  At my heaviest I was ~250.  I made it down to 200 and stayed there for a couple of years.  I'm now at 195 and want to get down to 160 - 170.

• 10 months later...

YES!

I started using MyFitnessPal again 30 days ago.  I have been staying within my limit AND I am losing weight again.  I never reached my goal of 170, but then I never fully committed to doing that.  I did get to 190, but then went back up to 198.  I am now down to 195 and hope to be below 190 soon.

• 1 year later...

I've been looking for lightweight concentrated calories for bike packing.  I guess that is the opposite of what you want.  I got some good suggestions from a back packing website.  They say that the biggest problem hikers have on the AT is losing weight. They said the fancy smancy freeze dried dinners for back packing are really not that good and cost around $10 a meal.  I tried one of their suggestions, Kraft macaroni and cheese cooked on my micro camp stove with one and a half cups of water, add cheese powder and some olive oil and a package/can of tuna.  It turned out quite tasty.

I was just looking around at these hidden topics since you said your wife was clueless.  A couple versions ago the forums had a "recent posts" or something like that button that I always checked and if someone posted in something other than "café" I would see it. That button disappeared and now it's been months since I looked at anything other than "café".