Do you feel that this pandemic thing has made you more angsty and profane and abrasive than usual?

Randomguy

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

“Fuck you then!” Is your standard reply. This doesn’t express your angst; your frustration with the current situation. Up your game man! Try this: “Fuck you, you fucking fuckers!” Or something along those lines. You can do better. You’re welcome.

I actually never say that.  My fuck game is really weak.

How does "Fuck you!" make any damn sense?

27 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I actually never say that.  My fuck game is really weak.

How does "Fuck you!" make any damn sense?

It doesn’t need to make sense. It’s an emotional expression; you are telling someone how you are feeling. Emphasis added with gestures, facial expressions and hand motions. You live in NYC and don’t know this shit yet? How will RO learn if you aren’t teaching her? Do you want to leave that up to her Mother? I didn’t think so. 

absolutley!  I am losing patience far more easily, more short tempered.  It's not just the virus, not seeing real live people as much is wearing on me.  Working from home presents additional frustrations, VPN slows things down.  Dealing with friends who have real problems with this.  Pile all that on, and take away things that release stress -  church, exercise, hockey....  Yeah, I'm not as good a person as I tried to be a few months ago.

I am trying to keep this in mind in communication with co workers.  They are as stressed as I am

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

It doesn’t need to make sense. It’s an emotional expression; you are telling someone how you are feeling. Emphasis added with gestures, facial expressions and hand motions. You live in NYC and don’t know this shit yet? How will RO learn if you aren’t teaching her? Do you want to leave that up to her Mother? I didn’t think so. 

I worked in Philly a few times, those folks know Fuck U, Fuck Off, and  Fuck All.

A nice soccer mom looking lady cut me off in a crowded store when I was carrying a ladder, even though she had cut me off I said excuse me, just to be polite, she glanced at me, said fuck you with the same infliction as "good morning" and went on her way. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Methinks, I just feel occasionally slight sadness. 

I think I'm grieving/longing for how things were before virus...more carefree, people more trusting, etc. Summer is gonna be long...a lot of outdoor festivals cancelled.  And just happy other ways to socialize when weather is good.

No stampede for the first time in 100 years!  

I am angsty and profane an abrasive, much more than usual.  I am more plugged into the news cycle than ever before, that just adds to the depressive cycle of no exercise, nothing to do, no outlet, staying fat, being poor, at the same time realizing, more fully than ever, that one party doesn't even pretend to give a shit about the people they are elected to serve, just entirely focused on serving their own interests and that of their rich donors.  No human decency at all, not a single little shred of it, and zero credibility.  I am having a really hard time focusing on work stuff, too.

I think I need to get a bike, a girlfriend, and a way to shut down a bit.  Or a big fat hairy revolution, I would be so into that.  There are power structures that need dismantling, you see.

• Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am angsty and profane an abrasive, much more than usual.  I am more plugged into the news cycle than ever before, that just adds to the depressive cycle of no exercise, nothing to do, no outlet, staying fat, being poor, at the same time realizing, more fully than ever, that one party doesn't even pretend to give a shit about the people they are elected to serve, just entirely focused on serving their own interests and that of their rich donors.  No human decency at all, not a single little shred of it, and zero credibility.  I am having a really hard time focusing on work stuff, too.

I think I need to get a bike, a girlfriend, and a way to shut down a bit.  Or a big fat hairy revolution, I would be so into that.  There are power structures that need dismantling, you see.

We gotta get you a woman!  I am more like Jerry, just mellowing out and trying to segue into retaarment.  So I am loving this working from home stuff! 

• Awesome 1

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

No stampede for the first time in 100 years!  

Well, it's certain folks thinking about the loss of money for local businesses.  Also the municipality does financially back abit of it --property tax break concessions for stampede grounds year round, etc. So the revenue loss for cancellation this summer for the cancellation shown below.  Of course, this year the municipality doesn't even have enough money to offer additional token corporate sponsorship to the Stampede.

I believe the municipality owns the land and there's a formal arrangement to have Stampede board manage grounds.  They are considered as 1 of the "civic partners".

For those who aren't Stampede chuck-wagon, country 'n western music or party-goers, the cancellation of the annual summer folk music festival is pretty significant also this year. After all, people like to de-stress with live/good concerts.

image.png.662591050d1822829ff020c3c0f15be6.png