Now that you are trapped at home

maddmaxx

21 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

and it's become a big deal when you plan on a trip to the laundry room what are the highlights of your day.

Here it seems to be menu planning and meal time.

This goes for me as well......though I do take a little stroll beside the river every day.....nothing too strenuous as I find I run out of puff quite quickly these days. Does make me think though.

Today…..as befitting a greybeard
I sat awhile on a bench and dozed in the Sun..
down by the side of the Eden it was
the Sun warm on my face…the air deliciously cold
and birdsong of every kind surrounding me
and it was perfect….lacking nothing….complete…
walking home I thought…how strange it is
my world has drawn-in to become this small thing
all of my wanderings have come down to this
just another old boy dozing in the Sun
causing the odd passer-by to smile a little.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, onbike1939 said:

This goes for me as well......though I do take a little stroll beside the river every day.....nothing too strenuous as I find I run out of puff quite quickly these days. Does make me think though.

Today…..as befitting a greybeard
I sat awhile on a bench and dozed in the Sun..
down by the side of the Eden it was
the Sun warm on my face…the air deliciously cold
and birdsong of every kind surrounding me
and it was perfect….lacking nothing….complete…
walking home I thought…how strange it is
my world has drawn-in to become this small thing
all of my wanderings have come down to this
just another old boy dozing in the Sun
causing the odd passer-by to smile a little.

Cheap dates R us.  :D

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Meal time is the highlight of my wife’s day. I think she looks forward to our aide Joslyn’s twice a week visits. She is like a ray of sunshine every time she is here.

The highlight of my day is giving my wife her sponge bath. :whistle:

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

what are the highlights of your day

Taking our dogs for a walk in the morning.   Except for today..... its raining way too much for a walk.  :(

We've become professional couch potatoes.   

We watch movies way more than TV.  There were a LOT of great movies made in the 30s. 40s, and 50s.   Some movies in the 70s are soooo bad they are fun to watch too. 

Yesterday's highlights:   The Birds,  North by Northwest, and a Godzilla (1954) with subtitles. 

Highlights today will be pumping bike wheels. going  food shopping at a different store with different selection.  We'll see about the parks..

Next wk. will be some complicated conference work meetings at home,  Meetings with people either I barely know or some have difficult personalities /aspirations. Web conferencing increases possibility of more misunderstandings...easily.   So chatting with other work colleagues who share similar direction and with mutual trust to do the right thing together, is great.

I've already plotted to reward myself towards end of next week with..takeout dinner.  Of course, it will be cooked and hot.

• Heart 1

I can do my laundry while sitting at my kitchen table. If I am at the stove, it's five steps away. On those occasions when I am visiting the east wing of the complex, it is 10 steps to the laundry facility closet.

Some days I will take a walk to the gym living room floor and stretch.  I will often spend time in the sleeping quarters gear storage facility and search for gear neatly tucked away in bins crap shoved in a cardboard box.

Lately, I have been spending 40 hours a week seated at my desk in the home office kitchen table or living room chair.

Yesterday we were all excited to get out and pickup Big Macs for lunch. And due to virus issues with their supply chain, they were running out of many items like lettuce, tomatoes, muffins, etc and didn't think they would get them any time soon.  Luckily we have lettuce at home. ;)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Yesterday we were all excited to get out and pickup Big Macs for lunch. And due to virus issues with their supply chain, they were running out of many items like lettuce, tomatoes, muffins, etc and didn't think they would get them any time soon.  Luckily we have lettuce at home. ;)

Just so they didn’t run out of the special sauce.

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, team scooter said:

We had micky d’s a night or two ago. My wife went to order Chinese but they were closed. 

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

and it's become a big deal when you plan on a trip to the laundry room what are the highlights of your day.

For me, it's things like what meats to cook to go with the unused 21 oz. of the 28 oz. can of Bush's Baked Beans I bought.  I decided on baking two 8 oz. boneless pork chops tonight (one for a quickly-nuked future dinner), rubbed with Weber BBQ rub and  7 oz. of baked baked beans poured over each one when served, also served with nuked gold potatoes with sour cream I need to use up.

I'll have a pork chop tonight, the last of my baked chicken leg quarters tomorrow with Knorr Chicken-flavored Fried Rice, then the other pork chop the next day.  Then I'll get back to dinners with greener veggies for a while, maybe a one-pot ham, potatoes and green beans - enough to last a few days.

I like to have leftovers available for a quick and easy nuke on days when I do miles of exercise. As long as things keep improving with my COVID-19 infected but nearly-asymptomatic sister's family - they're off quarantine before the end of next week - I won't keep self-quarantining myself in order to be surely healthy if they go downhill and I'm going to walk Jake the Golden Doodle on Wednesday, which will be the 2nd rainfree day in a while if the forecast holds up.

I am cleaning the 2nd half of the garage. Found some used oil containers I need to take to recycle. One of WoWs coworkers is selling us a fridge. We had been getting by with the smaller fridge Mom left when she move. Ours died the week she was moving. That will be our big adventure out this weekend!

I was at Lowe's today, it was a zoo, people are wearing masks, mostly, but the distancing is pretty much ignored.

I bought a used utility trailer yesterday and had to buy somr treated lumber to replace a couple broken floor boards and tail light assemblies.

The guy I bought the trailer from lives about 15 miles away. We had a wind storm a couple weeks ago, he had a tornado. He had a block garage blown down, a few of the blocks landed on the trailer, necessitating the repairs.

Fuckin tornado's aye. Blew 12" blocks about 100', tossed the roof even further. His house, a couple hundred feet away was untouched.