It's coffee time!

MoseySusan

I am wanting something sweet.  Resisting like hell here.

Had very little sugar at all today.  Only has some in a chai latte that was a freebie from Dutch Bros.  I guess they had a mistake drink, so they gave it to me. Clearly, I will drink whatever people hand me.   :lol:

My favorite late afternoon treat is a cafe latte with a sprinkle of cinnamon in the milk.  So tasty and makes the rest of the day feel just lovely. 

Aw heck, Roadsue....anytime is coffee time.

• Heart 1

I actually gave up coffee at the beginning of January. I miss it. And the caffeine withdrawal was tough. But, as is for you, there was a certain comfort to it for me.

There must have been a compelling reason to give it up.   

Nice.  We get espresso beans from a local place that roasts and retails prepared coffee and espresso drinks, sandwiches, pastries, etc.  I haven't used Starbucks beans for a couple of years now, and #1 son hasn't worked there for over a year.  He's a barista at another local coffee place with two outlets in the airport.

• Heart 1

I went to a new place with a few family members last week and watched in disappointment as the barista pulled the espresso shots and then let them sit there while the core disintegrated as she steamed the milk.  I would have said something about it, but couldn't find a tone that didn't sound bitchy.  I needed #1 son there to set her straight.  He can say whatever he wants and people think it's clever.  When I told him about her backward skills and that I forgot to ask for no whip, he said, "Oh, no. You need whip on a drink like that because it's the only part that will taste good." 

Where I used to live in VA, there's a local coffee shop a block from the bike trail. (Caffe Amouri.  Michael Amouri is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. He roasts his own beans and they are heavenly.  Sadly, I am out right now but will restock when I go back to visit in October.