And another new carl sagan is about to begin.

kingtermite

I've totally missed the new Cosmos series. Bummed.

It was awesome!! I loved it. I think I'm going to get it on DVD or 'the cloud' and watch it again.

New rumor that they might make a second season and go deeper into some things based on the popularity.

the story didn't change much from the original

Actually, that's not very true. He pointed out many times things that were updated based on information that had been discovered since the original series. That was one of the main reasons for wanting to 'update' the series in the first place.

Actually, that's not very true. He pointed out many times things that were updated based on information that had been discovered since the original series. That was one of the main reasons for wanting to 'update' the series in the first place.

the story is the same, but what we know about it has changed

the story is the same, but what we know about it has changed

OK....I guess I can compromise on that.  In a few places the story has changed (though, probably only slightly) because we've learned about new things (dark matter was one of the things that immediately comes to mind).

It was awesome!! I loved it. I think I'm going to get it on DVD or 'the cloud' and watch it again.

New rumor that they might make a second season and go deeper into some things based on the popularity.

I just looked into the 2nd season rumor and found this.

The Cosmos Season 2 could have Bill Nye, The Science Guy as the host, replacing Neil deGrasse Tyson.
It's no secret that fans have been clamoring for Cosmos season 2 after the first season was widely received with positive reactions the fans.
But it seems like should Cosmos season 2 happen, it won't have Neil deGrasse Tyson as the host.

Space.com has reported that Neil deGrasse Tyson doesn't have any plans to make Cosmos season 2. He said the show took a lot out of him, especially time away from his family. But he will continue to play a role in sharing science with the public.

Host Neil deGrasse Tyson said that even if there is a season 2, he may not be the host.
"We're all flattered that people are thinking [about a Season 2] but it's not clear that this was the kind of content you want to rattle off one year after the next,"
"If some years down the line after my life has recovered, maybe. But I'd like science to be shared by all. If someone else came up and wanted to host it, I don't have any ego invested in the visibility that hosting Cosmos brought to me."
With Neil deGrasse Tyson not hosting Cosmos season 2, some fans have demanded that another famous scientist should take over the mantle as the host of Cosmos and they want Bill Nye, The Science Guy to be the host of Cosmos season 2.

Cosmos fans over at IMDB have discussed who could be the host of Cosmos season 2 and Bill Nye was the one who "won" against other great scientific figures such as Michio Kaku and Richard Dawkins.
  • Heart 1