Post your tea/coffee mug.

16 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You must spend time with that spiffy look for this pic. Looks good. I'm not showing unless I wear a bike helmet. :) 

Day 1 is wash & put some curl cream on..Day 2 use to be curling iron..but the hairs are longer so hot rollers..heat those while I eat breakfast and make lunch.Put the rollers in..get dressed and take rollers out..and it is what it is..today...it looked good :D oh and spray the heck out of it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kirby said:

This is a mug I had made on Shutterfly from a painting done by a dear, sweet lady.  She was an old lady with a number of physical challenges, but she had the most young and open heart and mind.  She loved to paint.  so I'd often send her some pictures I took and she enjoyed painting the various scenes.  I sent her pictures of my parents' backyard and would tell her stories of how we'd sit on the back porch with adult beverages and enjoy their garden.  I described a number of elements including the day lilies my Dad planted, the azaleas that signaled spring was here, how we'd all shout when a cardinal showed up and even the two stray cats who eventually became pampered indoor cats.  She painted this picture and I photographed the picture and had it made into a mug.  I gave a similar mug to each member of my family.  Now when I use the mug, I don't only think of the sweet woman who enjoyed painting, but also the many happy memories of visiting with my family on the back porch.  It may not be a great painting, but it's very dear to me.

IMG_3155[1].JPG

IMG_3156[1].JPG

I love, love, love this. Perfect for a mug.

• Hugs 1

Two years ago, #2 son won a gift basket from Chick-fil-A for being the top fundraiser for Special Olympics NM. This mug was part of the basket. I love the heft of it. It reminds me of mugs from family restaurants back in the day.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.55.57 AM.png

• Heart 1

I have a two mug rotation at home.  There is the super-nice mug that Petite had made from a photo of RO in an Italian restaurant, and the green frog mug that I was gifted when I was about 4 years old and loved tomato soup.  As you drink down the liquid, the hollowed-out area on the underside of the frog lets out a gurgle or two of trapped air, which is fun if you expect, surprising if you don't.  The green spot is not mold, just a manufacturing defect (I am guessing quality control wasn't a big deal when making it 50 years ago).

05427185-D488-4020-9F9B-12611AAEE555.jpeg

CE058E85-C944-4544-B0F6-562BF1EA6487.jpeg

• Hugs 1