LOL. The “Pouty, no Popsicle” face

2Far

3 hours ago, donkpow said:

Have you talked to her about how times like this are good lessons in life? How we can't always get what we want, how challenges help us develop discipline, how self denial prepares us for tough times, etc.?

Or just give her a popsicle!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, donkpow said:

Have you talked to her about how times like this are good lessons in life? How we can't always get what we want, how challenges help us develop discipline, how self denial prepares us for tough times, etc.?

Yeah, that's always effective with a 2-year old. We've been telling her for 6 months to "use your words" now that she is, she's liking the "no" word even less.

FWIW, her dad was withholding the Popsicle pending the ingestion of dinner.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

OK this makes it all clear now.  I was thinking, what kind of a monster grand parent would enforce a no popsicle rule to that face unless mom or dad was there...

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

How dare reason appear anywhere in real life!

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

BOOO!  40 calories ain't ruining dinner :D  Call social services!!!! 

I can't tell you the number of arguments I had about this.  Treats after dinner is the sequence, the ex gave RO treats before, during, and after meals.  I wish I was making this up.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, roadsue said:

The premise is flawed. Popsicles aren’t treats. They’re important to speech development because of the stimulation caused by their frozen texture and the muscle movement to suck, bite, and slurp while consuming. @Airehead can confirm.

:cheerleader:Give a girl a popsicle. 

I could have used those words (Or most of them) when I was 18.

5 hours ago, roadsue said:

The premise is flawed. Popsicles aren’t treats. They’re important to speech development because of the stimulation caused by their frozen texture and the muscle movement to suck, bite, and slurp while consuming. @Airehead can confirm.

:cheerleader:Give a girl a popsicle. 

Road sue is correct as she generally is. Popsicles and whistles are critical aids to speech sessions where I work. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1