Beat that

Square Wheels

On 5/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I knew when van haven came up it was started by parr8!  Too bad they faded away. I liked them with David Lee Roth. 

I am a rarity in the fact that I liked SH more.  Some of my fav songs were in the DLR era, but I just thought they were a better band with SH.  

Best Album (s) - Women and Children First, 5150 

Best sound (guitar)  - toss up between Fair Warning (DLR) and Balance (SH).  Both had amazing guitar tone.  

There are too many good songs to list as favs, from the DLR era Take your whiskey home, Could this be Magic,  Panama, Somebody get me a Doctor.... Just too many good ones.  Sammy had a ton as well.  Best of Both Worlds, Love Walks In, Don't tell me what Love can do.....  Just so many.  

I really miss hair bands, Van Halen in particular.  

• Awesome 1

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I'm torn on David and Sammy.  I grew up with David, but Sammy is more of a musician, David is more of a hack / clown.  He makes a lot of mistakes with timing.

Go to the youtubes and google any early VH song of only DLR lyrics.  Runnin' with the Devil is a great example.  If you listen to DLR without Ed and Alex playing and no backup vocals from Michael Anthony you will realize what a hack he was. 

11 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Go to the youtubes and google any early VH song of only DLR lyrics.  Runnin' with the Devil is a great example.  If you listen to DLR without Ed and Alex playing and no backup vocals from Michael Anthony you will realize what a hack he was. 

OMG, that was awful.  He sounds like me singing in the shower.  To think, I could have been a lead singer for a huge rock band.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

OMG, that was awful.  He sounds like me singing in the shower.  To think, I could have been a lead singer for a huge rock band.

He was on Joe Rogan not too long ago.  He is freaking out there.  It was hard for me to even listen to. 

I loved the DLR era of VH.  But it was such a great move to bring on Sammy.