F-R-E-E-D-O-M!!!!

Razors Edge

41 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Free at last! Free at last!

May 1st and I'm ready to PARTY!!!!

Who's with me???

:desk:

Wisconsin opened the state parks today. No camping, no restrooms, no shelters, no water, no observation towers but you can go to the park. 

11 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Wisconsin opened the state parks today. No camping, no restrooms, no shelters, no water, no observation towers but you can go to the park. 

I liked the idea that was bandied about for CA beaches which was to open the beaches but only in the morning, so the "exercisers" could get out, but the "partying types" would still be asleep.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Soft open in Oregon. Coffee shops can open but take out only. I heard something about bars & restaraunts are opening soon but social distancing 7 only serve until 10:00 pm. Masks advised

Ore/Wa/Cali joined together for some pact on reopening. Maybe just to get advise? But they are all different practices on opening now

We've been extended for another two weeks, as we're still a hot spot. They are fazing in some businesses next week under some strict guidelines, but no bars yet and the restaurants are still take-out only. As we get closer to the middle of May, they will re-evaluate and maybe extend things again.

That being said, we're doing out social distancing in the motor home for a few days. Some of the state parks are open for camping, but no bathroom or shower facilities are open. That's fine with us. We don't need them anyway.

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Soft open in Oregon. Coffee shops can open but take out only. I heard something about bars & restaraunts are opening soon but social distancing 7 only serve until 10:00 pm. Masks advised

Ore/Wa/Cali joined together for some pact on reopening. Maybe just to get advise? But they are all different practices on opening now

What I don't understand is why did all the mom and pop businesses have to close but the big box stores get to remain open?

You can take a nap in the middle of the street in this town but 5 miles away you can't find a parking spot at Home Depot or Walmart. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, BR46 said:

What I don't understand is why did all the mom and pop businesses have to close but the big box stores get to remain open?

You can take a nap in the middle of the street in this town but 5 miles away you can't find a parking spot at Home Depot or Walmart. 

Most big box stores sell food and clean supplies.  Same with liquor stores.  

The big fear in Maryland is that there won't be enough hospital beds, ventilators, etc. if cases soar when things open up.

I've been hoping Apr. 29th would be the peak. The number of hospital beds currently in-use in MD for acute and critical C19 patients kept increasing through Apr. 29 when it increased by 66 after increasing by 82 the day before.  On Apr. 30 it DECREASED for the first time. by 43.  On May 1 it DECREASED for the 2nd time, by 11. The number of critical (ICU) beds has been fairly stable since the middle of April. But the number of daily deaths 5-day moving average has been increasing and is at it's highest point right now at 60.  I hope the hospitalization signal a trend but there's way too little data to tell:

image.png.35272ca1220926b6ccde565a873cf135.png

A few places where able to open for carryout only. 

We bicycled to a coffee shop for lunch got our food to go but now we are not able to sit in the parking lot to eat it.

My husband allowed me out of the home today.  We went to a home improvement store.  We went early as to prevent too much exposure.  I was shocked when he said "Wanna go to the store with me?  :D

I bought some seeds, and a bag of seedling mix.  It was so great.  Then he drove the long way home for me, so I could see other sites and have a sense of normalcy.

The man really cares about me and just tries to keep me safe.  :wub:

• Awesome 2
  • Hugs 1

15 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

We’re still on lockdown. Northern part of the state has had restrictions reduced, but not the southern counties.

Things are messed up here. The coffee shop that we biked to was not allowed to let us eat in the parking lot but the drive in restaurant had people sitting at picnic tables. The owner of the coffee shop was crying when she told us we had to leave. But pack em in at Home Depot but can't sit on a wall to eat a sandwich. 

• Sad 1

On 5/1/2020 at 9:24 AM, Kirby said:

I was able to make a tentative hair appointment, but it's still over a month away.  I expect to look like Cousin It by then.

Apparently ...private golf courses can decide to open up by May 14. Municipal golf courses might be slower.  Though hair salons will be allowed, I'm not keen to book an haircut yet.  Or maybe I should before she sees more people. :huh:

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Haha. Except for work errands and bike rides, yes. Been at home since March 20th.

i guess a pandemic makes me listen to him and follow rules.  😂 

My wife went to the hearing aid doctor on Thursday, and it was the first time off the place since before the virus got going.