Walt’s has hand sanitizer

Longjohn

Things are leveling out now.  Flour was back in supply,  My husband and I joked that maybe people got angry with making their own bread.  He said, lots of people don't have your skill level.  A couple bad loaves and most would say "Screw this crap." 

My Mother recently told me that our heritage is a bunch of bread makers.  So, it's in my genes.  :hapydance:

I tried that new hand sanitizer. It definitely smells like grain alcohol. Don’t get pulled over while using it. It’s 80% alcohol with distilled water, hydrogen peroxide, and glycerin as inactive ingredients. Probably to keep you from drinking it.

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Things are leveling out now.  Flour was back in supply,  My husband and I joked that maybe people got angry with making their own bread.  He said, lots of people don't have your skill level.  A couple bad loaves and most would say "Screw this crap." 

My Mother recently told me that our heritage is a bunch of bread makers.  So, it's in my genes.  :hapydance:

A lot of people have automatic bread makers which can also be used for just mixing the dough for pizza, rolls, etc.

Julia Child, on one of her later cooking shows, said, "A home is not a home without an automatic breadmaker today."

My last major grocery shopping stops, about 10 days ago, had very large bags of all-purpose flour but not much else: no bread flour, etc.  At the 2nd of the two stores I visited I found and bought 1 lb of all-purpose flour - the last one in the store - and 1 lb of corn starch for the first time since I moved into my apartment on March 10th.  I use it mostly for coating meat, making gravy, rouxs, and thickening and don't use a lot so I didn't buy the big bags.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

A lot of people have automatic bread makers which can also be used for just mixing the dough for pizza, rolls, etc.

Julia Child, on one of her later cooking shows, said, "A home is not a home without an automatic breadmaker today."

My last major grocery shopping stops, about 10 days ago, had very large bags of all-purpose flour but not much else: no bread flour, etc.  At the 2nd of the two stores I visited I found and bought 1 lb of all-purpose flour - the last one in the store - and 1 lb of corn starch for the first time since I moved into my apartment on March 10th.  I use it mostly for coating meat, making gravy, rouxs, and thickening and don't use a lot so I didn't buy the big bags.

Julia was likely getting a kickback from certain advertisers. Bread machine baking is way over rated. All I need is a bowl, a strong spatula, a cast iron Dutch oven and an oven. I don’t see the point of those things. 

My Grandma used to cook everything from scratch, then she found boxed cake mixes and other pre-made things. Such a sad thing to put down the measuring cups. 

• Sad 1