My neighbors probably think I'm crazy

Parr8hed

Cross practice started yesterday.  After a few laps on pavement around the subdivision to warm up I did some laps around the backyard on my makeshift cross course.  It's got some short, steep little hills to power up.  I set up some barriers to get over.  It made me want to yak.

cross.jpg

I had some dope new bars as well.

bars.jpg

Are your brake cables reversed?

No.  they are on my single speed though. 

That was the first bike I ever took apart and put back together.  (back when it was geared).  I got everything back together and working and took it for a ride only to realize that I had the brakes reversed. 

That was the first bike I ever took apart and put back together.  (back when it was geared).  I got everything back together and working and took it for a ride only to realize that I had the brakes reversed.

:-D

That's the Euro setup.  After your rides you must now drink Belgian ales. 

• Heart 1

No. they are on my single speed though.

That was the first bike I ever took apart and put back together. (back when it was geared). I got everything back together and working and took it for a ride only to realize that I had the brakes reversed.

many people that race CX will reverse the brakes so they can skid to a stop/dismount and portage the bike more easily.

many people that race CX will reverse the brakes so they can skid to a stop/dismount and portage the bike more easily.

I read that somewhere once.  I don't seem to have a problem so far with stopping/skidding.  Will the backwards brake cables help to accelerate my fat ass out of the corners quicker?  If so I will go switch them today.

I still think you are weird for not doing full wrap on the bars.  The bars are sexy as hell though!

I may still do that.  I will prob get new tape and new taars for Cx season.  Will decide then.  But they will not look as dope if they are fully wrapped.