Hey how is your garden growing??

petitepedal

I just have pots on my deck...but nothing seems real great...I will harvest a total of 4 peppers from one plant...and maybe 2 from the second :dontknow: both had more flowers....even my grape tomatoes..seems like everything grew so much and then...a switch was hit and growth stopped...Basil is the poorest harvest I have ever had. Even my hanging plant looks bad.... :unhappy:

I planted three tomato plants, two plum and one Big Boy.  Some critter is eating my plum tomatoes, not happy about that.  The Big Boy has a dozen 'maters but they're still green.  I found three volunteer tomato plants from last year.  I didn't know that they popped up like that.  The basil is fabulous (4 plants) as is the oregano (1).

I don't have a garden right now...and I hate it.

Next spring I will have a garden....both flower and vegetable.   One of the first things I'm doing to the backyard of the new place is clearing out the trees that are there, planing a single tree of a different type, and installing the perennials in the flower bed area.

I don't have a garden right now...and I hate it.

Same here.  Our kids run all over the yard, and with all our trees we don't have a sunny spot for a garden that won't be in the way.  But I don't even have pots or planters on the deck.  

We do belong to a local farm-share, but this year we split a share with a friend and we're getting nowhere near enough.

Holy crap, I can scoop up boatloads of that on the walk to my car.  The Fenway area is infested with geese.  We're sticking with traditional organic fertilizer for now and will freshen the soil up before we plant next year.

Rodale has an Organic Gardening forum.  You should post your questions there.

• Heart 2

Rodale has an Organic Gardening forum.  You should post your questions there.

I tried spamming them already, so I don't think they like me.  I was "borrowing" their member list to try and recruit people for this site and didn't realize the cycling site shared the same users as their other sites.  It seems only cyclists have a sense of humor.

I tried spamming them already, so I don't think they like me.  I was "borrowing" their member list to try and recruit people for this site and didn't realize the cycling site shared the same users as their other sites.  It seems only cyclists have a sense of humor.

Gardening is serious business, don't you know. 

• Heart 1

This is 100% of what I know about organic gardening:  

1. Worm poop is the best fertilizer in the world.  
  2. Worms love eating coffee grounds and dried leaves.  
  3. Leaves tend to leach nitrogen out of the soil so you may need to help the soil with a little compost.