Are you a picky eater?

Square Wheels

Not really.  I don't really like okra nor am I thrilled about eating unhealthy foods.  Is that picky?

Tater tots are not something you will ever see on my plate. 

Tots are a staple of life... 

Not really.  I don't really like okra nor am I thrilled about eating unhealthy foods.  Is that picky?

Tater tots are not something you will ever see on my plate. 

Tater tots are the best veggie ever.

Do you like Indian food?  I never had okra before and heard it was nasty.  I had Bhindi and it was amazing.

Do you like Indian food?  I never had okra before and heard it was nasty.  I had Bhindi and it was amazing.

I never had Bhindi, but I do enjoy Indian food.  Not sure you can classify what we have in Oregon as good Indian food.  

Potatoes are not a vegetable.  They are a starch like corn.

The list of foods I don't like/won't eat is very short.  I didn't get to my size being a picky eater. 

^^^^This for me too. I have a few foods I don't like, but by and large and not very picky.

But.....my wife is HORRIBLY picky. About 1/2 the time she'll either end up eating a tiny portion of what I made or pick half of the stuff out of it. When she cooks (which is 75% of the time) the food is very repetitive and mostly boring stuff (IMO).

I googled bhindi and confirmed my suspicions, bhindi is okra.  I also learned that bhundi is the Indian (dot not feather) word for nipple.  Learn new stuff every day.

I am not a picky eater.  I am a selective eater. I don't eat much processed food and stick to fresh ingredients, preferably local.  My belief is that your health and wellness correlates to what you put into your body.  I am fortunate that I am fairly healthy at age 55, I have to watch my cholesterol and blood pressure but I don't have to take medicines to reduce those yet.

I try to eat all veggies and chicken and fish.  My goal is a very low fat diet (and no saturated fats) with little or no sugar added products.

My weight, cholesterol and blood pressure have alll dropped significantly since I went on this diet about three years ago.

So I guess I'm picky because it is very hard to eat out.  I have to prepare just about all of my meals.

• Heart 1

<--------- See selfie at left.

That said, I don't care for peas or liver. However, for the sake of simplicity, and working 70-80 hours each week, I tend to eat about the same things each week. I like most ethnic food & am willing to try new things when available.

Veggies I can eat most. I always hated okra until my wife started making pilaf with Margaret Holmes canned okra with tomatoes. That stuff is the jam.

I can't stomach most fish unless it is fried and served with hot sauce and/or tartar.

With the new eating lifestyle I have grown very accustomed to fully vegetable meals.

I can't stomach most fish unless it is fried and served with hot sauce and/or tartar.

Fish serves as the excuse to consume massive amounts of tartar sauce (yum!) and beer batter, much the same that lettuce serves as the excuse to consume your favorite salad dressing, and much the same as pancakes and waffles serve as the excuse to consume real maple syrup.

• Heart 1

Unfortunately...I like food...  I cannot eat zucchini...unless it is way way cooked and without skin...last time I had it slightly cooked I doubled up in pain for a good hour or 2.  Crab makes me pass out...I assume it is the same for lobster however I have never tested that theory....I can still do shrimp.

I try not eat too much processed food...but sometimes get in a cooking slump and the quality isn't as good as it should be.