Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo

petitepedal

16 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Prob pick up a few to-go margaritas from our local mexican place.  Grilling out some street tacos on the blackstone.  

If I get going right now I should be able to get there in time for dinner. See you soon!!

• Heart 3

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, we'll gave @Kzoo working your part of the country, and now we can have @jsharr's beer subscription service work the other end of the country.  This might be a good thing!

Heineken is my go to. But I like craft stouts and lagers. I have favorites, but try new ones also.

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

A minor Mexican celebration that has become a huge celebration in the US.

Have a good day peeps.

It's like corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day - not a tradition in Ireland where Shepherd's Pie made with beef is more like it.

Hey, @TrentonMakes, I just thought of you when "The Fix" by Elbow came on Radio Paradise.  Love one of the lines, "the Mickeys are slipped".  Hey, I am up to 2008. :D

Too many times we've been postally pipped
We've loaded the saddles, the mickeys are slipped
We're swapping the turf for the sand
And the surf and the sin
'Cause the fix, the fix is in
  • Awesome 1

Looking around at what I've got in store to celebrate the Mexicans whipping the French Army on this date in 1862, I guess it's Knorr Spanish Rice, with a sliced tomato added, and one of Costco's excellent. frozen 1/4 lb cheeseburgers on sesame seed buns in my freezer (I have 5 of the 8 pack left) - and the Mexicans use "ajonjoli" - sesame seeds - in a lot of cooking.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Hey, @TrentonMakes, I just thought of you when "The Fix is In" by Elbow came on Radio Paradise.  Love one of the lines, "the Mickeys are slipped".  Hey, I am up to 2008. :D

Too many times we've been postally pipped
We've loaded the saddles, the mickeys are slipped
We're swapping the turf for the sand
And the surf and the sin
'Cause the fix, the fix is in

That entire album The Seldom Seen Kid is fantastic, winning the 2008 Mercury Prize.  I love that song but that goes for most of the album (you may recall the version of "Tower Crane Driver" with the BBC Orchestra/Choir - if not, go find it now. 

Richard Hawley is guest vocalist on "Fix"; he's got some really good albums out there too.

• Awesome 1