Is it worth the effort to bring the tandem to Boston?

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

I'm contemplating a trip to Boston to the some of the historical sites.  I see maps for a number of bike paths in that area and wondered if anyone familiar with them would share their view whether the paths were first and foremost safe, and what they are like to ride.  In particular I see one paralleling the Charles River that might offer some interesting views, and one along the Navy Yard Grounds called 'Harborwalk'.  Thanks...

We did not ride our bikes in Boston or the Boston area because of the amount of traffic, even in the outlying areas.  mr. and #2 son rode their tandem on the Concord road from Lexington to Concord without any problems.

I need to edit this:  The route is called "Battle Road" and extends for five miles within the Minuteman National Park. They rode on this part, and I remember them riding some other parts, but there was a lot of traffic on the  two-lane highway in between the national park and Lexington, MA.    

I concur with the above.  There is lots of great riding in the areas Sue mentioned.  You will definitely want to visit Minuteman in Concord.  Lots of pretty roads and homes out that way.  A tandem would be great out there.

The Minuteman / Arlington bike path is OK, but very congested.  That's how I get home.  Lots of people, lots of cyclists.  I've never seen a tandem.  Plus there isn't much to see on that path.

Riding along the Charles on a tandem could get a little hairy.  I've only been on it s few times.

We love tea, just not British tea.