Mom called the other night...

groupw

Do the rules in your area permit you to go in and visit someone not in your household?  Glad your Mom is doing well,  I think the isolation can be worse for elderly, especially if they live alone.

3 hours ago, groupw said:

She is doing fine. Bored staying at home, but doing her best to distance when she gets groceries. 

She talked to Rosalie earlier that day. Rosalie is the mom of one of my oldest friends. She used to live in the country, but moved into town after her husband passed away. Lives in a nice little house on a street I ride on my way to and from work. Mom asked me to slow down when I ride past. I guess she has been trying to wave me in, but I hadn't seen her. That street has a lot of young families and I have my head on a swivel watching for little kids with everyone at home. Mom thinks she is just bored and lonely staying at home and would like to visit with someone for a few minutes. She's a sweet lady. I will have to watch for her.

Glad she's doing well and hope you connect with your friend's mom.  Cherish them while you can!

The father of a friend I grew up with and see from time-to-time died last week who would have been 96 in July, but not from C19. He can't be buried in Maryland yet. He and my father tried to invent a crab-picking machine based on air pressure and blew bits of crab meat and shell all over the side of a house before they finally gave up!

• Heart 2

Mom called yesterday. The cleaning lady didn’t show up in the morning. She can’t find her address book, one of the aides took it. How could they take it if you’re under quarantine in your room? I wasn’t in my room, I went down to visit with Marsha. I want to get out of here, it’s really gone downhill. Mom, if you keep leaving your room and visit with other residents you will leave; you’ll go to the hospital with Covid. Ten cases have been diagnosed there already and you’re not helping. 

• Sad 2

I usually call my mom several times a week as she is in a nursing home. Sat down for dinner. phone rang and mom calling me. Apparently she was attacked by her roommate who was uncontrollably, resisting and kicking nurses as they tried to control her. Had to call the police.  She was relating all the excitement. She now has a room all to herself and told the nurse she get to interview and approve the next roommate. :D She wasn't injured as the roommate began beating her and taking it in stride, but just had to let me know of the latest excitement.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Glad she's doing well and hope you connect with your friend's mom.  Cherish them while you can!

The father of a friend I grew up with and see from time-to-time died last week who would have been 96 in July, but not from C19. He can't be buried in Maryland yet. He and my father tried to invent a crab-picking machine based on air pressure and blew bits of crab meat and shell all over the side of a house before they finally gave up!

Sorry about your friend's dad. Although I love stories like that! Those were the things we shared when Dad passed. 

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I rode fatso to my mom's last weekend, we sat ootside & chatted. She's only 2 miles from me.

Mom lives 400 miles away. We were with her just before the C19 hit its full stride. @petitepedal got to meet her when they were both visiting. I'm hoping for a long weekend up there when this all settles down. 

2 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Mom called yesterday. The cleaning lady didn’t show up in the morning. She can’t find her address book, one of the aides took it. How could they take it if you’re under quarantine in your room? I wasn’t in my room, I went down to visit with Marsha. I want to get out of here, it’s really gone downhill. Mom, if you keep leaving your room and visit with other residents you will leave; you’ll go to the hospital with Covid. Ten cases have been diagnosed there already and you’re not helping. 

This sounds more like when MIL calls WoW. How a lady who lives by herself and doesn't go anywhere can have so much happen is beyond me!

• Heart 2