Picked up my bike from the Rangers today

Road Runner

These people are like fantastic human beings.  They held onto my bike for me for 6 weeks.   :)

The woman in the office kept snickering and laughing for no good reason.  She didn't ask what happened but somehow she thought it was funny.   :(

Anyway, the bike isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I think what happened was that the shifters lined up perfectly with the top bar of the barrier and they took the brunt of the force.  Both shifters are toast and the handlebar may be bent, but other than that, I can't see any other real damage.   :scratch head:

• Heart 1

:ttiwwps:

He's old and doesn't know how.

Glad the bike appears OK.  It might not hurt to have a shop give a it looksee to make sure nothing is fractured / cracked.  It would really suck for you to be flying along and the frame collapses.  I think you've met your quota for accidents for the rest of your life.

• Heart 1

That had to be difficult to see it for many reasons. Hope the frame is ok; probably more damage than first glance.

And what the heck is wrong with that snickering woman??  Cold.

I imagine that my gate busting episode at the park was a story of much amusement among the Rangers.  I don't blame them.  But they picked up my bike and kept it safe, so they can laugh their asses off, as far as I'm concerned.   :)  :nod head:

• Heart 1

Was there a "Barrier Ahead" sign before the gate?( Not that you would have seen it anyways) We are required to but those signs on both sides of any gates we install, even if people shouldn't be behind the gate there needs to be a sign...just in case. I smell settlement.

The barrier looks like this, only not so wide.  I think my shifters hit the bar in the middle where the two sections swing together.

db_file_img_29551_500x500.jpg

That looks scary.   I have a ton of gates on the bike path I ride going to and from work.

They look like this:

Was there a "Barrier Ahead" sign before the gate?( Not that you would have seen it anyways) We are required to but those signs on both sides of any gates we install, even if people shouldn't be behind the gate there needs to be a sign...just in case. I smell settlement.

No sign except a big "ROAD CLOSED" sign on the gate itself.  I knew the gate was there.  I've gone around it a gazillion times.  I'm an idiot.    

He jumped a three foot high barrier?  My shifters are at least three feet off the ground.

Yes.  Really good BMX rider by nature.   He just pulled a ,manual and hopped that thing.  Afterwards, he said ... "glad I cleared that thing"  HAHA  I was right behind him.  Saw the whole thing unfold.  :o   I don't think I spoke much for the rest of the ride.  <humbled>

See, the kids bikes make you pretty skilled.