Hey the weekend is almost here..Mother's Day weekend

petitepedal

What ya got planned? Temps are dropping..I brought in my hanging plant..I don't think it liked 45 the last night..50 for a high tomorrow 30's at night...the Lilly of the Valley are just opening up at work...

I might make some of those Marths Stewart kitchen sink cookies..I plan to drink tea and do laundry...

What are you doing?

• Heart 1

I'm guessing not too much.   This is the first year for my not to have a mother to visit.   

I'm the oldest of 5 children in our family.  Once on my birthday in November, I gave my mother a Mother's Day Card.   She liked that...

Yeah I miss her....

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

I'll phone all the Mother's in the family and among friends and with them Happy Mothers Day.

We often get a big group together and do a nice restaurant.  That's not possible now so we'll have to make up for it when things are back to normal.

• Heart 1

Mother's Day may be a little hard for me this weekend.  Mother's Day last year was the last time I really saw my Mom.  We all went out for a nice dinner and had a nice time.  She passed suddenly a few days later.  I'll try to celebrate that I had a great Mother for so long, and celebrate my sister for being a good Mom to my niece and nephew. 

• Hugs 4

Wife’s birthday is today, so we are celebrating. I’m making jumbo lump crab cakes for dinner. Cupcakes for dessert. 
Saturday, the celebration continues. We are ordering take out from a local chain. Wife will have filet mignon, I’m ordering a drunken ribeye and a growler of DIPA. 
Sunday is Mother’s Day. I’m meeting my sisters behind Mom’s apartment with a HMD sign and pecan sticky buns.

Mulching tomorrow, we'll call mom Sunday.  Church is doing drive by blessings to all moms on Sunday, so we'll drive through there.

This was my year.  After all this time, I finally nailed it, had all of the gifts bought early.  I NEVER do that!  Valentines day - the concert tickets - concert is cancelled.  Mothers Day - another ex-concert.  Birthday in July, a jersey for the bike tour - not cancelled yet, but probably.  Yup, this was all my fault.