I am sun burned and tired.

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

Kayaking sucked. Not our sport. Got burned despite copious amounts of sun screen.

Sailing was better. We took a pair of seconds a fourth due to being fouled, a DNF due to mechanical failure and a first in the long distance race. Had two people who did not sail and our staff member was in a wheel chair. We beat one of the best sailors on Galveston Bay!!!

Leaving Sea Scout Base Galveston in a few hours and heading to College Station to show Wade around Texas A&M.

Kayaking sucked. Not our sport. Got burned despite copious amounts of sun screen.

Wuss. If you're going to be in the sun all day, wear a long sleeve shirt and stay cool by wetting it often as you need.

Leaving Sea Scout Base Galveston in a few hours and heading to College Station to show Wade around Texas A&M.

Sounds like fun. Have a good time. I hope Wade enjoys seeing it as much as you'll enjoy showing it.

Tandem kayaks suck. Did not expect 7 hours on the water. Poor job of communication by camp staff and poor preparation on my part.

Yeah....that I'll buy. I have no intention of ever getting a tandem. At most we may rent one sometime just to try it. There's a reason they call them "divorce kayaks".

Yeah....that I'll buy. I have no intention of ever getting a tandem. At most we may rent one sometime just to try it. There's a reason they call them "divorce kayaks".

A LOT of my respect for Thaddeus is he regularly rides a Divorce Bike with his spouse and manages to stay happily married. :)  Airehead too!  Quite an awesome feat!  :D

(My wife and I take separate canoes now. :)  We did a lot of circles the first time out together.  And definitely  NO SCRABBLE!  EVER!  Darn Thaddeus probably gets away with that too!  :D)