kielbasa

a bunch of numbers

I'm jealous - you can make the various flavored ones (garlic, etc.) that I have a hard time finding unless I visit my relatives in the Wilkes-Barre, PA area (Bolinski, Cheskiewitz, Swantkoski, Gadomski, Gryskiewicz, etc.). Never had a grinder so haven't made it, but I love It.  Here's what's Polish in my fridge (smoked) and freezer (raw Ostrowski of Baltimore) klelbasa and pierogies:

795567358_KielbasaPierogi.thumb.jpg.de39b3b8242ded01e97f427cf8f74aaf.jpg

I love chopping up the smoked kielbasa into bite-sized pieces and making one-pot meals like kielbasa (or boneless ham) with green beans and potatoes or in "Polish Noodles & Cheese," aka "Poor Man's Pierogies" made from wide egg noodles, butter-fried onions, cottage cheese and sour cream:

20200415_191625.thumb.jpg.7c8d833c46d2b93d0451f462029bb1e6.jpg

Here's my cousin, Britney, who loves kielbasa, too.  All the beauty queen stuff (plus good school grades) won her a big scholarship and she's probably off to Penn State (where her dad went) when the pandemic's over.

1413787840_FacebookPic1.thumb.jpg.c07f6b8c7f42f4ae4fb067d62c018270.jpg

• Heart 3

We have been talking about trying this now that I have a good smoker. She has a KitchenAid mixer and there is a meat/sausage grinder attachment available. Anyone have experience with that? It would be nice just to add an attachment rather than crowd more implements of destruction into the kitchen storage. 

42 minutes ago, groupw said:

We have been talking about trying this now that I have a good smoker. She has a KitchenAid mixer and there is a meat/sausage grinder attachment available. Anyone have experience with that? It would be nice just to add an attachment rather than crowd more implements of destruction into the kitchen storage. 

I saw mixed reviews about the meat grinder attachment when I was looking at them, and I decided against it.  But the sausage stuffer attachment seems to get good reviews on Amazon.  You can get your butcher to grind the pork butt for you. (sorry Wilbur) I get a course grind.  I have an old school griswold manual grinder that I use if I don't get the meat from my butcher. 

Here is what I have.  My stuffer is like the LEM, but it's got Gander Mountain name on it.

image.thumb.jpeg.3b439418fc76e343ae260a6a1d97bb86.jpeg    817qYyP60UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Heart 1