Hmmm.... And I just started taking vitamins

Reverend_Maynard

This stood out for me "He consumed 18,000 milligrams (18 grams) of the stuff per day, 50 times the recommended daily allowance."

I take a decent supplement, and eat well.  I take a bone complex and a multi with some minerals.  It's a solid brand.  I started taking this particular one about 6 months ago.  My blood test results improved (white blood cells increased) and my skin looks noticeably younger.  I don't take a full dose, because we eat really well and likely get plenty of nutrients from that diet.  Since we slowed down on dairy, I think the calcium supplement is a good idea.  

Additionally, I don't generally follow advice from a source like getpocket.com.  I like edu sources usually.  My docs all support my supplement usage, as I don't overdo it.  I have a friend taking mega doses of vitamin D and i don't think that is good, because it is not water soluble. There has been some cheaper vitamins I have used and I swear that they did noting and I peed them all out.  What I take tends to be easier to absorb.  It is made from vegetables, fruits and plant extracts.  

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

This stood out for me "He consumed 18,000 milligrams (18 grams) of the stuff per day, 50 times the recommended daily allowance."

I take a decent supplement, and eat well.  I take a bone complex and a multi with some minerals.  It's a solid brand.  I started taking this particular one about 6 months ago.  My blood test results improved (white blood cells increased) and my skin looks noticeably younger.  I don't take a full dose, because we eat really well and likely get plenty of nutrients from that diet.  Since we slowed down on dairy, I think the calcium supplement is a good idea.  

Additionally, I don't generally follow advice from a source like getpocket.com.  I like edu sources usually.  My docs all support my supplement usage, as I don't overdo it.  I have a friend taking mega doses of vitamin D and i don't think that is good, because it is not water soluble. There has been some cheaper vitamins I have used and I swear that they did noting and I peed them all out.  What I take tends to be easier to absorb.  It is made from vegetables, fruits and plant extracts.  

getpocket merely republishes articles.  this one is from BBC Future.  all the claims are cited and linked to scientific journals