Apparently it’s really big

Parr8hed

The biggest McD's use to be at a rest stop on I-44 in Oklahoma. The rest stop has a building over the highway so that both sides can use the same facilities. The restaurant only took up a small part of the building so I thought it was a stretch to call it the biggest. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Good info. The one that I was talking about lot the title. It was in Vinita, OK.

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/2287

The strangest McD's that I ever ate at was very narrow and 3 or 4 stories tall in Stratford-upon-Avon, England. I wondered what Shakespeare would say about that. "To Big Mac or not to Big Mac. That is the question."

McDonald's has increased sales by two methods: 1) growing the number of customers and 2) increasing the size of meals people think are normal.

I think they're hitting the limit on bigger-sized burgers, fries, etc., both because it's way too much and because the prices of the big meals are approaching those of pizzerias, sub shops, and low-cost sit-down restaurants.

Back in the 1960's, I was a high school/college teenager working the night shift grill at a Gino's - a competitor of McD's that also sold KFC.  One night, the area manager came in and unveiled a new offering: a Quarter Pounder!  Even we teenagers wondered who would be gluttonous enough to order such a burger regularly!  Today, that's standard and the large fries we and McD's sold back then are smaller than today's small fries.  12 oz. was the standard drink.

Soon, of course, McD's copied our Quarter Pounder as they had our Gino Giant - which they renamed the Big Mac.

In recent years, McD's has offered 1/3 lb burgers but they haven't caught on.  If they do, it will be McD's standard practice of accustomizing people to ordering bigger: they'll make the price very close to smaller offerings for a while and then slowly jack it up.

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

The biggest McD's use to be at a rest stop on I-44 in Oklahoma. The rest stop has a building over the highway so that both sides can use the same facilities. The restaurant only took up a small part of the building so I thought it was a stretch to call it the biggest. 

"Stretched" over the highway.  Good one.

• Haha 1

Years ago there was a restaurant in a nearby town, I had to drive by it all the time.  The name of the restaurant was 'Black Angus', it was meat-centric.  Anyway, the letters of the restaurant were lit up individually from within.  The sign at night looked ok until the 'G' light burned out.  As you drove by at night, from a distance all you saw was "Black Anus"

It was that way for more than a month.

• Haha 2