Ouch. My Legs Hurt

Razors Edge

I subscribe to Phil’s channel & saw that he set a record  but haven’t watched it yet.  One hell of an achievement!  

Is it just me or does Phil Gaimon still look freakishly thin as a former pro?   He may be taking this “Retired” thing too seriously.... 

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I subscribe to Phil’s channel & saw that he set a record  but haven’t watched it yet.  One hell of an achievement!  

Is it just me or does Phil Gaimon still look freakishly thin as a former pro?   He may be taking this “Retired” thing too seriously.... 

Yeah, he's still a professional cyclist and at his super thin optimal riding weight.  I think, when you are free to develop your own cycling schedule, rather than live around a team and event schedule, you're able to ride much closer to your true potential.  That, of course, assumes discipline, but he seems to have a lot of pro stuff going, and being his own boss surely beats getting on planes, flying to random place, staying in a variety of hotels, racing, and then flying somewhere else.

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, ChrisL said:

me too, like his videos. retirement sucks :D

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Richard Baggins said:

Strava Dorkery, ha!

Good to know from the GIS guru that the bike GPS is pretty darn accurate.  While I do get some interesting real time data while riding - especially through a weather front - I think it generally gets sorted out in the Garmin/Strava processing side of things.

So I started watching the video and OMG I totally know the hill they did it on and it’s a beast!   If any of you have driven the 405 through the Sepulveda Pass there is a street that goes straight up a hill to a gated community.  I worked for a firm who’s owner lived in that community and I had been to his house a few times.

My car struggled up that climb, it’s beastly.

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

So I started watching the video and OMG I totally know the hill they did it on and it’s a beast!   If any of you have driven the 405 through the Sepulveda Pass there is a street that goes straight up a hill to a gated community.  I worked for a firm who’s owner lived in that community and I had been to his house a few times.

My car struggled up that climb, it’s beastly.

I wonder if your car would eventually overheat????  Seriously bonkers.  Here is Phil's profile:

image.thumb.png.bb3b16312c469c9f809dba193064973b.png

...and here is the one from the guy in Australia (Tobias) profile:

image.png.11fe51083e19e4e0948672bf1515ee1b.png

Both are nasty!

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I wonder if your car would eventually overheat????  Seriously bonkers.  Here is Phil's profile:

image.thumb.png.bb3b16312c469c9f809dba193064973b.png

...and here is the one from the guy in Australia (Tobias) profile:

image.png.11fe51083e19e4e0948672bf1515ee1b.png

Both are nasty!

The hill isn’t that long so no overheating issues which is why they chose it. It’s a bout a mile long and besides a few bends pretty much goes straight up.  They did hill repeats to get the number and yeah you could go top to bottom pretty quickly.