Thawing out

Longjohn

34 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m waiting until I get warmed back up before I get back in the pool and finish vacuuming. I might have some mermaids in it this weekend. It’s 58° much better than the first time I was in but still a bit brisk.

BE5F5F14-BE74-4DC6-907F-049E4ED6C552.jpeg.3019429d2689b1b133cf529ee539e125.jpeg

As kids, when my dad opened the pool, we were crazy enough to do that cold swim sort of thing.  Now, if it isn't well into the mid-to-upper 70s, I ain't going in deeper than my knees!

You Yankees have THICK blood :D

• Heart 1

I got the pool pretty clean, went to backwash the filter and it wouldn’t backwash. It worked fine the day I took the cover off the pool. I ordered a new valve on Amazon and then thought maybe I should just buy one at the pool place a few miles away. I drove down and got one while my wife was sleeping. Then I logged on to Amazon to cancel my order. They were just the middleman and said it was being shipped by “In The Swim”. I requested a cancel and a half hour later they emailed me that it had already been shipped and should arrive between the 22nd and the 28th. I think I smell bull shit. If they had already shipped it why would it take so long to get here?

10 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I’m waiting until I get warmed back up before I get back in the pool and finish vacuuming. I might have some mermaids in it this weekend. It’s 58° much better than the first time I was in but still a bit brisk.

BE5F5F14-BE74-4DC6-907F-049E4ED6C552.jpeg.3019429d2689b1b133cf529ee539e125.jpeg

90 here today