Why tie when you can Velcro?

Randomguy

Back when the federal gov't was improving security in the immediate post 911 time, I had to go to the federal building here in Dayton Ohio. Part of the process was to show you cell phone(s). So I whipped out my phone and put it in the tray and while the security guy was looking at it I pulled out the other one and said like, this is the other one. As I ripped open the velcro closure on the case, I thought the guy was going to kill me. Apparently, I had caught him off guard and he heard a pistol holster when I opened the phone case.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

Velcro is for fools. 

Mudkipz 

Cyclist must be fools. How many tie up cycling shoed do you see? They are either Velcro or that Boa twisty thing. Might find a tie up cycling shoe (I did see one when shopping a couple months ago), but very rare and not the norm. 

Velcro is too sticky and pokey.  It tears up my clothes when it touches them.

I have some beautiful Ibex things, and the Velcro on my messenger bag has left marks and a few tears,  I have a Crome bag that is my backpack and their velcro is downright aggressive.

Other than my work boots and dress shoes, I'm not sure when and what age I started tying my casual shoes loosely enough to just slip them on and off quickly. I even have a few favorite elastic shoes now. Maybe velcro is the next step. Next time I visit my dad, I'll need to check oot his shoes to see what lies in my future.... :unsure:

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Maybe Allen Edmonds will introduce a velcro line.. :) 

I am done with nice shoes.  The whole bad feet thing has me thinking comfort only at this point.  :(

I will have to talk Wolf and Shepherd into making narrow shoes when I win the lottery.