Time to get serious -- how you holding up?

Dottleshead

I thought I was doing OK, hiking, biking, we find ways to keep distantly busy.

But, Saturday, a friend's kid got married.  At Home.  No guests.  So - since the Gov said we could now - a drive by.  We all met around the corner, enough cars that we actually triggered a WAZE alert I saw a very close friend, who is also very compromised, so we haven't seen her in person in 2 months.  First instinct was a hug, then, yeah, no.  It hurt a little to not be able to hug her for fear I might make her sick.  That's when I realized that this does suck.  My BiL and family stopped by to pick up some leftover plants.  All masked up, keeping a distance, we took a hike.  And when we discussed maybe camping in June - they always share our camper on these trips - all kinds of trying to figure out how we could do that.  But we live about an hour apart, that camper would be an incubator, exactly the kind of spreading the disease to other areas that needs to be avoided.  The realization that we just couldn't really hit us all hard.

We NEED that trip.  My wife's job has gone many times more stressful from this, working from home for me is not fun.  We have to get away, even if the phones have to come too

But, really, doing well.  FAR better than a lot of people, we are both still getting income

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

We NEED that trip.  My wife's job has gone many times more stressful from this, working from home for me is not fun.  We have to get away, even if the phones have to come too

But, really, doing well.  FAR better than a lot of people, we are both still getting income

I read (pronouced REED) this,.

17 hours ago, 12string said:

But, Saturday, a friend's kid got married.

I would have postponed.  My wife and I had our wedding planned and we have pretty big families.  Then my older sister got diagnosed with breast cancer with treatment (chemo and mastectomy and reconstruction etc) falling in our wedding time frame.  We postponed and it was well worth it.  My sister is many years cancer free, and she was a healthy speaker at our eventual ceremony.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I would have postponed.  My wife and I had our wedding planned and we have pretty big families.  Then my older sister got diagnosed with breast cancer with treatment (chemo and mastectomy and reconstruction etc) falling in our wedding time frame.  We postponed and it was well worth it.  My sister is many years cancer free, and she was a healthy speaker at our eventual ceremony.

They cancelled everything but the officiant.  They just bought a house, they needed the piece of paper for things like medical benefits, beneficiary, all that legal stuff.  They  are hoping to have a wedding reception next year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, Dottles said:

It's been a long time since you posted last Olas.  Are  you sure you didn't start this hibernation thing early?

Yeah, I honestly just forget about this site, and I'm on some other social media which has really killed my drive to hit up messageboards where I have to be on PC. 

I can't keep my pants on. I lost enough weight that now need a belt to keep them from falling down. 

Also, this morning the county provided COVID 19 antibody testing...and as a surprise, mouth swab for the regular test. Went to the convention center where had cars drive through parking lot to tents set up. Anti-body test came back negative, 3 day wait on the other.  Only reason went for the antibody test was wondering if some crap I had in January was related/undiagnosed. Initial treatment with antibiotics prescribed at a outpatient/ER walk-in clinic didn't touch it, and follow-up with regular doctor resolved with steroids and inhaler. Don't know what I had then with coughing and breathing issues but was crap.