I had no idea Mike Rowe was actually an intelligent guy.

Wilbur

42 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

But how do you ‘splain him crawling around in sewers and shit?  Seems mutually exclusive to me!  But then it does put food on his table like all dirty jobs I spose. 

He was a professional Opera singer, a news correspondent, a TV presenter and very busy voice over and narration guy.  Seems if Morgan Freeman is talking behind the scenes, Mike Rowe is.  I watched him on a Rubin Report and he is actually a pretty bright and articulate dude. 

Like you, I expected him to be more like Mike Holmes.  Not so! 

• Heart 1

Mike Rowe plays the humor card in dirty jobs but he never denigrates or patronizes the people doing the work. He shows what it takes to keep the world spinning our way.

Mike Holmes is an arrogant pain in the ass. His motto is "make it right"  and he does, but he spends money like water, tear it down and build new is his answer to everything.  I watch his show because he does show the latest techniques and does do it right, but I couldn't afford to hire him.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Mike Rowe is a well-known narrator and television host of Dirty Jobs who has a net worth of $30 million.

Does anybody else think he makes his millions off the backs of the poor working class? Well he does and in some camps that makes him genius. But then you have a dude like Robin Leach who made his millions off backs of the bourgeois. I don't know who's smarter? :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Does anybody else think he makes his millions off the backs of the poor working class? Well he does and in some camps that makes him genius. But then you have a dude like Robin Leach who made his millions off backs of the bourgeois. I don't know who's smarter? :rolleyes:

Helloooo... "Leach" says it all.  :) 

22 minutes ago, smudge said:

If you actually watch episodes of Dirty Jobs, Rowe will sometimes quote literature. He's made many comments that have made me realize he's quite intelligent. And he has a good sense of humor. And he has a nice smile. And a nice voice. 

Just sayin'.

Yeah, he's a right leaning dude and I like him.  Not necessary for his politics but I do like his show.  It does bring to light some of the very important albeit nasty jobs this country needs done.  He did a show out here once on the Penn Cove muscle farm near Coupeville, WA on Whidbey Island.  

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Yeah, he's a right leaning dude and I like him.  Not necessary for his politics but I do like his show.  It does bring to light some of the very important albeit nasty jobs this country needs done.  He did a show out here once on the Penn Cove muscle farm near Coupeville, WA on Whidbey Island.  

He describes himself as apolitical.  He voices opinions both for and against both parties.  He also claims to have voted both ways. 

• Awesome 1