Jump to content
Square Wheels Cycling

I had no idea Mike Rowe was actually an intelligent guy.


Recommended Posts



42 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

But how do you ‘splain him crawling around in sewers and shit?  Seems mutually exclusive to me!  But then it does put food on his table like all dirty jobs I spose. 

He was a professional Opera singer, a news correspondent, a TV presenter and very busy voice over and narration guy.  Seems if Morgan Freeman is talking behind the scenes, Mike Rowe is.  I watched him on a Rubin Report and he is actually a pretty bright and articulate dude. 

Like you, I expected him to be more like Mike Holmes.  Not so! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

But how do you ‘splain him crawling around in sewers and shit?

 

Mike Rowe is a well-known narrator and television host of Dirty Jobs who has a net worth of $30 million.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Mike Holmes

:dontknow:

Ohhhh, Holmes on homes. I should watch that more, since it is more realistic and practical than most Hgtv type shows. I’ve only seen it once or twice. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He used to have a Real Estate and Handy Man stuff show in his native Baltimore originally and he was worth watching.

  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kirby said:

College grad and an eagle scout too.

I have known some very bad, very corrupt Eagle Scouts.  I no longer take it as a positive attribute. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Who knew!

He’s Merican, why would you expect less.😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zackny said:

He’s Merican, why would you expect less.😁

Yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have known some very bad, very corrupt Eagle Scouts.  I no longer take it as a positive attribute. 

I am not an Eagle Scout

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Rowe plays the humor card in dirty jobs but he never denigrates or patronizes the people doing the work. He shows what it takes to keep the world spinning our way.

Mike Holmes is an arrogant pain in the ass. His motto is "make it right"  and he does, but he spends money like water, tear it down and build new is his answer to everything.  I watch his show because he does show the latest techniques and does do it right, but I couldn't afford to hire him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Mike Rowe is a well-known narrator and television host of Dirty Jobs who has a net worth of $30 million.

Does anybody else think he makes his millions off the backs of the poor working class? Well he does and in some camps that makes him genius. But then you have a dude like Robin Leach who made his millions off backs of the bourgeois. I don't know who's smarter? :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Does anybody else think he makes his millions off the backs of the poor working class? Well he does and in some camps that makes him genius. But then you have a dude like Robin Leach who made his millions off backs of the bourgeois. I don't know who's smarter? :rolleyes:

Helloooo... "Leach" says it all.  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Helloooo... "Leach" says it all.  :) 

It could not been scripted better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you actually watch episodes of Dirty Jobs, Rowe will sometimes quote literature. He's made many comments that have made me realize he's quite intelligent. And he has a good sense of humor. And he has a nice smile. And a nice voice. 

Just sayin'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, smudge said:

If you actually watch episodes of Dirty Jobs, Rowe will sometimes quote literature. He's made many comments that have made me realize he's quite intelligent. And he has a good sense of humor. And he has a nice smile. And a nice voice. 

Just sayin'.

Yeah, he's a right leaning dude and I like him.  Not necessary for his politics but I do like his show.  It does bring to light some of the very important albeit nasty jobs this country needs done.  He did a show out here once on the Penn Cove muscle farm near Coupeville, WA on Whidbey Island.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Yeah, he's a right leaning dude and I like him.  Not necessary for his politics but I do like his show.  It does bring to light some of the very important albeit nasty jobs this country needs done.  He did a show out here once on the Penn Cove muscle farm near Coupeville, WA on Whidbey Island.  

He describes himself as apolitical.  He voices opinions both for and against both parties.  He also claims to have voted both ways. 

  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

He describes himself as apolitical.  He voices opinions both for and against both parties.  He also claims to have voted both ways. 

I'm a switch hitter myself.  You should try it Wilbur.  Lots of grass everywhere. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dottles said:

I'm a switch hitter myself.  You should try it Wilbur.  Lots of grass everywhere. :)

You know my beliefs are classical liberal, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You know my beliefs are classical liberal, right? 

I'm sorry.  I can't think politics right now.  I just found this oyster shucking video from Mike.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylor Shellfish has a restaurant in Shelton, WA that often will cater to the Capitol and Governor. If you like oysters, don't miss this place.  The town sucks -- but the restaurant is great.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes-life-magazine/2009/0626/places-we-love-lifestyle-travel.html#7bfb16582f64

Link to post
Share on other sites

In one interview Mike talked about the number of people who are millionaires because of their dirty job. 

  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olas Nah said:

Isn't he a conservative prick tho? 

He has some issues with government regulations putting people out of work 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...