Here's an idea: Post Count Bot

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

I think on this Forum we need a Post Count Bot.  Something that would automatically post something like the following, for example, with appropriate information inserted:

Thread title - "Congratulations <insert member's name>

Text - "You've reached <insert post count> posts!  In recognition of this you've earned <insert prize> and now receive <insert new privileges i.e. 'moderator'>.

Plus some other exaggerated, insincere, and fluffy praise strictly for flattery.

You see, this idea occurred to me when I realized I'd passed 1,000 posts - a veritable milestone, no less - and no fanfare, no celebration, no fireworks, no speeches.  Nothing. :unhappy:

I think at least upon reaching these milestones Forum members should at least receive a participation trophy!

• Heart 3

yea, if you are oblivious to your posting milestones, why should "big Brother" keep track of it for you?

This all sounds like some Obammy sort of nanny state policy if you ask me

I never needed a post bot to know when I hit the thousand post mark. I did it the old fashioned way, heckling Obammy voters until I got to 999 posts, then posting my triumphant "millennial" rant

This post count bot is for sissy boys and city folk, not hard working, real American posters!

Great work, Thad!  While others may have many more posts, Thad's 1K are all quality posts.   :nod head: 

In that case I think we need a filter bot that doesn't count non-quality posts in the post count. Most of us high post count peeps would drop to the bottom of the barrel.

• Heart 1

Great work, Thad!  While others may have many more posts, Thad's 1K are all quality posts.   :nod head: 

Thank you for your kind words! <bows>

In that case I think we need a filter bot that doesn't count non-quality posts in the post count. Most of us high post count peeps would drop to the bottom of the barrel.

I think that might be "Post Count Bot's Drag Queen Transgender Multicultural Wall Street CEO Brother Bot".

• Heart 2

I think I'd be safe in saying there's not much that doesn't.

;)

I would never mistake anything with the words "responsible" or "Moral" or "American" to be a part of Democratic policy

GYSOT