That was fun

BR46

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Un retirement is not pretty.  Once you have that look, you will forever be closely watched by authority everywhere, especially in school zones and near playgrounds.

Already my neighbor said:"Oh, so you grew a beard".  That was it. :D  I do have a nice homeless look going on. :D

• Haha 1

Many years ago at work during a weekend, it was me & one other guy. I walked down to building 4, unlocked door, stepped inside, fiddled w/ the alarm panel...no dice :scratchhead: sum bitch :angry: Alarm turns on :frantics: I tell you what, inside a plant, that effer is loud. Anywho, police show up in a minute (pretty low crime area). I tell them what happened, they're like ok. I ask if they wanted my name...they said no. Have a good one.

• Heart 1

There was a contractors crew doing a job at a plant I worked at. They were using an old school bus for transport from the parking lot to the job site, the bus occasionally backfired very loudly.

So, one of our guys is on the roof changing drive belts in exhaust fans, using a piece of pipe to fish the belts into the fans, the contractor bus backfires loudly, the security guard checks the overall camera view, sees someone on the roof with what he takes to be a rifle, and calls in an active shooter....

We got treated to a helicopter flyover, but the swat team got called off before they arrived     :D 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Many years ago at work during a weekend, it was me & one other guy. I walked down to building 4, unlocked door, stepped inside, fiddled w/ the alarm panel...no dice :scratchhead: sum bitch :angry: Alarm turns on :frantics: I tell you what, inside a plant, that effer is loud. Anywho, police show up in a minute (pretty low crime area). I tell them what happened, they're like ok. I ask if they wanted my name...they said no. Have a good one.

When I worked at Home Depot, keyed managers received a card with a security code. To disable the alarms required a call to the security company and read off your code except for the last digit. Reading the last digit was code that you were being forced to open the store against your will, but since it was on the card, the perpetrator would be unlikely to know this. 
Our assistant manager had worked a few months in another location with a different alarm system. One of his first mornings back at our store, he came in early to water the garden section. It was a beautiful morning and he was in a good mood. He called the security company and read the entire code. 
10 minutes later he is out in the garden section watering plants and 2 officers approached the outside gate. He told them good morning and asked what he could do to help. They asked him if everything was ok. He said how could it not be on a beautiful morning watering plants. The officers said the security company called them with a distress message. The manager said he had opened the doors and called the security and read the code and....oh shit! I read the entire code didn’t I? 
He tried to assure the officers all was ok, but they made home walk the entire store with him to verify everything was fine. 

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

The job I had 20 years ago required me to enter many different company branches spread right across Canada, plus the warehouse in Chicago when there was no one else around. I had keys and alarm codes for all of them, as well as the secret passwords should my attempts to disarm the alarm fail. 

Had it happen more than once that the code was changed due to a change in personnel, and I would have to wait by the phone for the security detail to call because they failed to give me the new code, and the alarm was blaring. That was always exciting.

• Heart 2