Petite's Virtual Birthday Bash!

UglyBob

That was pretty cool. First time I zoomed. I liked the computer version better but there were probably tricks on the iPad that would have made it work better that I hadn’t figured out. It was nice meeting Kimberly, it took me awhile to figure out who she was. I was running back and forth caring for my wife and missed some of it. I saw jimbo logged on without a camera. He said he used to post a lot on the forum. He said he will be back and see us there.

i thought it was strange that on the computer I had to add my camera, my microphone, and sound separately. You would think they would all be there by default and you could turn off the features you didn’t want.

• Heart 3

41 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It appears that there is a chrome os for chromebooks "bug" being worked on.  Was anyone at the party on a chromebook who had a working microphone.

I thought about downloading software to use a phone as a webcam but decided not to. I assume it would have been the microphone too but I don’t know that. 

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

It appears that there is a chrome os for chromebooks "bug" being worked on.  Was anyone at the party on a chromebook who had a working microphone.

My problem is windows 10. Apparently there is a known issue with internal microphones and Windows 10. I was on for a bit last night on my iphone, but later I logged  on with my laptop and I tried  everything to get the mike to work to no avail. probably would have worked with the headset, but I didn't try it.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

My problem is windows 10. Apparently there is a known issue with internal microphones and Windows 10. I was on for a bit last night on my iphone, but later I logged  on with my laptop and I tried  everything to get the mike to work to no avail. probably would have worked with the headset, but I didn't try it.

I was using windoze 10 after I came inside, was on the iPad outside. I was sitting in the man cave using my iPad while zoom loaded on the computer. Once I was in the party on the computer I left on the iPad only to find out my microphone and speakers were not turned on. I found a place on the bottom left corner of the screen to do that.