Remember Eleanor?

Dirtyhip

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

She got a new bike.  I am gearing up to continue to teach her.  Her Mother told me that Eleanor has said she only will ride with me, and that has deemed that her parents are not allowed to teach her.  Not sure how that developed.  Shoot.  I just wanted to empower her to ride a bike.  

Her mom said that Eleanor thinks I am, in her words, "The bees knees."  

What is that?  Do Bees even have knees.  Such a strange comment.  This is probably because they are from the east coast.  Those people talk funny.  ;)

Those people.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

How old is her Mom?  Not only did she use the "Bees knees" expression but she named her kid Eleanor!  That is an old name.  It is good you are mentoring.  Kids need a great example.

I thought the same on her name. Maybe she was named after a favorite GMom or Aunt.  Or it’s so old it’s hip again?

4 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Old fashioned names are or were instyle  my friends son & daughter in law named their daughter Mable....that was probably 15 years ago...

Yeah true. I have a 22 YO niece named Abbigail.  Her mom wouldn’t let people call her Abby, but as she aged her friends started calling her Abby & it stuck

4 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I love it the way people try and put things in neat little boxes. :rolleyes: Rather use what energy I have left in other endeavors.  Right now I am warming up a new Angora kid.

What do you mean by neat little boxes?  Are you talking about how Eleanor won't let Mom teach her now?  

It is kind of funny to me how she only trusts me, but I pushed her down a steep hill and she got banged up.  LOL  Push it girl!!!  Pain is temporary.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

What do you mean by neat little boxes?  Are you talking about how Eleanor won't let Mom teach her now?  

It is kind of funny to me how she only trusts me, but I pushed her down a steep hill and she got banged up.  LOL  Push it girl!!!  Pain is temporary.

I took that as how us knuckleheads tried to figure out why she was named Eleanor...

• Awesome 1

53 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

ChrisL nailed it!!:whistle:

15 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

She got a new bike.  I am gearing up to continue to teach her.  Her Mother told me that Eleanor has said she only will ride with me, and that has deemed that her parents are not allowed to teach her.  Not sure how that developed.  Shoot.  I just wanted to empower her to ride a bike.  

Her mom said that Eleanor thinks I am, in her words, "The bees knees."  

What is that?  Do Bees even have knees.  Such a strange comment.  This is probably because they are from the east coast.  Those people talk funny.  ;)

The Bees Knees is about as good a compliment as you can get!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Since no one else has asked, what bike did she get? I hope it’s a bee’s knees kind of bike.

Diamondback mountain bike.  She will be shralping soon enough.  Last time we rode, she fell on the ground and cried after I pushed her to ride down this steep hill.  There will be more of this.  haha

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Diamondback mountain bike.  She will be shralping soon enough.  Last time we rode, she fell on the ground and cried after I pushed her to ride down this steep hill.  There will be more of this.  haha

I think that's awesome. I had a mentee, pre-covid, at the local elementary school. This is year three; I have him one more year. Miguel is 11. He's talked about getting a bike but nothing yet. I'd like to take him riding, cause his Dad never will. It's difficult to meet outside of school as the admins frown on that. The policy is meant to protect kids from predators and I am all in for that.

• Awesome 1

She had fun today.  Very proud of her.  She crashed twice, no tears.  She is like a sponge and remembers everything I say.  Her words were, "We don't cry.  We laugh when we crash." and then she said "Sometimes, it might seem like I am crying, but I just have a snuffy nose."  

and the best thing she said was "Next time we can go down that other hill.  It's steeper."  :D:cheerleader:I almost replied with "Yeah, baby."  But that would be the wrong expression.  I just said "Yes, cause you are a tough girl."  Today I had heavy emphasis on "Yay" "wee"  "and you are so awesome.  Like a pro."  

She wants to be a better rider than her sister.  I said "I want you to be a better rider than I am."  She told me it might just take a little while.  HAHAHAHA  This kid is great.  

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

On 5/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, Dirtyhip said:

Are you going to ride into a shrub again? Or, was it downstairs? 
Eleanor has excellent taste.

21 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

HAHA, OMG.  

She bought that up today.  I tested her bike, and she said..."Don't crash."

Her bike is good? Forks going the right direction... What color? Is it the pink bike in the photo?

18 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yes, the pink thing.  I had to adjust the handle bars.  They were upside down. 

What is up with these bike people?  I want to slap them.

I read a post in a group I’m in of a guy that bought himself a road bike and them didn’t like crunched over riding position so he turned his handlebars upside down to give him a more upright riding position. It’s hard to imagine.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Well, I like her flashy pink bike. Did she use a clothespin to attach a playing card to the rear wheel? Or, are y’all serious cyclists? 

HAHA

Today, I pointed to the tall mountain in the distance and said "I rode down that today.  

She replied back... "NO!"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

OH, we've seen that.  We've coined that style "DUI style" at the shop.  It tended to be the people who lost their drivers license and needed a bike, and modified it to be more comfy.

DUI style.

I've seen it a lot round here

• Heart 1