Apparently, the number one black market job during Covid..

Wilbur

Have you noticed but apparently spammers were laid off? Seems like getting fewer calls than normal. Must have shut down call centers where the auto dialers are. But does seem like that could be configured to work remotely.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Have you noticed but apparently spammers were laid off? Seems like getting fewer calls than normal. Must have shut down call centers where the auto dialers are. But does seem like that could be configured to work remotely.

You’re right. My car’s warranty probably expired with no one to warn me about it. Dang. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

You’re right. My car’s warranty probably expired with no one to warn me about it. Dang. 

I wish, the bastards are showing their calls coming from the Pittsburgh area now when they call me. All of my wife’s medical stuff if from the Pittsburgh area so I have to answer. 
If someone could come up with a phone with a destruct button on it that would destruct the caller’s device they would become a billionaire overnight. :angry:

I can’t even imagine anyone listening to one of these robo calls and saying “That sounds like a deal, sign me up and take my money”

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

All time record for shortest attention span.  :)  Topic hanged on first response.  LOL. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

can’t even imagine anyone listening to one of these robo calls and saying “That sounds like a deal, sign me up and take my money”

My BiL has a business partner who went in on the “send me your bank account number and I’ll split the money with you” scam. Life savings wiped out. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, roadsue said:

My BiL has a business partner who went in on the “send me your bank account number and I’ll split the money with you” scam. Life savings wiped out. 

Does BiL think it’s a good idea to have a business partner with that level of stupidity?

I'm sure lots of stylists and barbers are helping their friends out and I wouldn't be surprised if some money was "gifted" as a thank you.  Apparently a lot of stylists are advertising on craig's list, but depending on the state, they can run the risk of losing their license. Ben Roethlisberger got his haircut from a "friend" supposedly for no money but that got a lot of attention, including some comments from the Governor.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pennsylvania-governor-upset-ben-roethlisberger-got-haircut-with-barbershops-still-closed/

I texted my hairchopper Wednesday for a trim.  Having been ignored I texted her again yesterday.  And yes it would be my second illegal trim.  She texted back that she couldn't get to me until Tuesday.  Tuesday?  I let her know I'm not happy - didn't matter.

My hairchopper is Daughter#2 and she is going camping/canoeing for 4 days and won't be back until Tuesday.  Being on unemployment is difficult.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

..is barber.  So said the local news yesterday.  Clearly, I give higher value to law than to self-mutilation.  :) 

Folks priorities are beyond out-of-whack.

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

My hairchopper is Daughter#2

Maybe she rides shotgun when you make the delivery down here?  Delaying much longer is probably  gonna irritate Dennis as he is expecting his mop delivery from you a couples days after you get to me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe she rides shotgun when you make the delivery down here?  Delaying much longer is probably  gonna irritate Dennis as he is expecting his mop delivery from you a couples days after you get to me.

Your reading comprehension issues are flaring up again.  I answered you yesterday.

• Whatever 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

..is barber.  So said the local news yesterday.  Clearly, I give higher value to law than to self-mutilation.  :) 

My nephew is a self taught but unlicensed barber.  He’s been cutting his friends hair for about 5 years.  When he gave me the last cut he said he’s been busy cutting a lot of hair lately. It kinda gave me pause but he didn’t get me sick.  Hopefully he won’t on Sunday....

I’m not big on rules but I’m enjoying this excuse to grow my hair long again. For  thirty years my wife was my barber. When she got busy and couldn’t find the time to do it I found someone else. She never cut it again. I wonder how long I’ll let my hair grow this time?

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m not big on rules but I’m enjoying this excuse to grow my hair long again. For  thirty years my wife was my barber. When she got busy and couldn’t find the time to do it I found someone else. She never cut it again. I wonder how long I’ll let my hair grow this time?

I'm actually thinking the opposite for me :D  I usually go the route of infrequent hair cuts - two a year is normal - and think it might be fun to go shaved head for a while.  I think, though, that I should have done it two months ago, as I can imagine I will be going out in public more in the June/July timeframe, and may want my hair back by then.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think I mentioned in another comment that my cousin wouldn't let anyone in her house since March, but this week she let in her hairdresser for an illegal appointment.  The hairdresser parked in the alley behind the house so no one in the small town would recognize her.

The hairdresser is surely hurting for income and probably has a lot of in-home jobs and has a kit put together to do them.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Those folks usually fall for the Russian bride trick, not the Nigerian prince one! NTTIAWWT.

It was on behalf of a mutual friend who was in a tight spot.

Now that every Tom and Harry Dick has access to public records about all of us, scammers are equipped with an amazing amount of info. It's easier to fool people when they can name names.