Crazy Ass Pursuit

ChrisL

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I've never seen a pursuit live on TV.  Only the OJ one that I remember and I didn't see it live.

Now that people have tired of Covid drama the local news is more normal.  They are a regular thing out here.

23 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Lots of solar panel covered parking spaces.  Is that common out there.

Yeah solar is huge out here.  

My local school district installed solar panels on all schools.  Our rival HS installed them in a parking lot directly behind & just off the 1st base side of the baseball field.  As they were installing the panels we thought, whoever planned this knows nothing about baseball.....

Within weeks of install thousands of dollars of damage was done to the panels by foul balls!  The team had to play on an alternate field until nets high enough to contain foul balls was erected.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

One of my outlaws was a cop. He showed me a dash cam video from his cruiser when he was involved in a pursuit. They put out spike strips and flattened the guys tires. He ran on the flats until the tires came off and then he ran on the rims for miles. I didn’t even know you could do that. When the guy finally crashed the cops were not very gentle with the guy.

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

One of my outlaws was a cop. He showed me a dash cam video from his cruiser when he was involved in a pursuit. They put out spike strips and flattened the guys tires. He ran on the flats until the tires came off and then he ran on the rims for miles. I didn’t even know you could do that. When the guy finally crashed the cops were not very gentle with the guy.

You can run on the rims, but handling "suffers".

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

When the guy finally crashed the cops were not very gentle with the guy.

This was the credo back in the day. They make you run you make them pay. I have seen some serious beat downs after a pursuit.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

?

Guy ran a stop sign and tee boned my kids in my Beemer, that car saved the kids lives. Our other car was an Old's Cuttlass, had they been in the Old's it would have been crushed, the Beemer was totaled but still had a passenger compartment.

Anyway the guy was driving a full sized one ton van and broke one front wheel off , well it was still there but pointed way out to left field and leaning way in, broken tie rod and ball joint I think. 

He headed down the road then through a big church lawn, finally got stuck and ran on foot for a ways. Volunteer fireman caught him.

2 minutes ago, Further said:

Guy ran a stop sign and tee boned my kids in my Beemer, that car saved the kids lives. Our other car was an Old's Cuttlass, had they been in the Old's it would have been crushed, the Beemer was totaled but still had a passenger compartment.

Anyway the guy was driving a full sized one ton van and broke one front wheel off , well it was still there but pointed way out to left field and leaning way in, broken tie rod and ball joint I think. 

He headed down the road then through a big church lawn, finally got stuck and ran on foot for a ways. Volunteer fireman caught him.

:(  Horrible story, wonderful outcome.

• Awesome 1