Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shootingstar

Some of you sound....American

Recommended Posts



For some reason my microphone wouldn't let me speak.  Probably best for all.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good to hear you!

  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

'mercan sound:dontknow:

Nice meeting you :D

There is a slight twang for some folks...not all.

Can hear it in petite's voice.

Hey, when I've been in the U.S. (northeast) for over a wk., my voice actually starts to absorb /imitate the local.  It is natural...probably because English is my 2nd language and ….lst language is a Chinese dialect that's tonal. So maybe it's instinctual...the voice inflection imitation.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an old song by an obscure English band in the learly '80's called "Everybody Wants to Be American".  Lemme see if I can find it...

 

Found it.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was great too hear from you Shootingstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isit still going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

There is a slight twang for some folks...not all.

Can hear it in petite's voice.

Hey, when I've been in the U.S. (northeast) for over a wk., my voice actually starts to absorb /imitate the local.  It is natural...probably because English is my 2nd language and ….lst language is a Chinese dialect that's tonal. So maybe it's instinctual...the voice inflection imitation.

I was surprised by your voice. It didn’t sound Chinese or even Canadian. I expected a strong accent but you have a very nice voice that would fit in anywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jsharr said:

I am Texan

We know Tex, we know. That’s a good thing, except the asshat part. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a perfect face for radio.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jsharr said:

I am Texan

I say, can’t, the right way. It rhymes with ain’t, not ant. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan didn't show up.  I had bread porn.

  • Hugs 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Alan didn't show up.  I had bread porn.

I did not. Sorry about that. I was with my sister. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic actually made me think, what does an American sound like?  A Texan sounds differently from a Bostonian, a Minnesotan to a Southerner and then there are us Spicoli speaking Californians...

I know some parts of Canada speak French but do all English speaking Kanucks sound alike? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

This topic actually made me think, what does an American sound like?  A Texan sounds differently from a Bostonian, a Minnesotan to a Southerner and then there are us Spicoli speaking Californians...

I know some parts of Canada speak French but do all English speaking Kanucks sound alike? 

Nope, if you hear Newfoundlanders, they definitely sound different.  They also have a great reputation for being friendly. I'm certain Zephyr will speak up here ...

This music is takes off from that region of Canada below.

I dunno about other Canucks...but I can't detect accent any differences for provinces including and between British Columbia and Ontario.  Maybe I have to go into the rural areas..

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

do all English speaking Kanucks sound alike? 

No.  Like everywhere, there are regional accents and almost dialect.  Northern communities tend to develop their own nuance.  Rather than "How are you?" , it is common to hear "How are yous?"  Or "Yous guys."  French varies quite a bit and the Maritimes have several accents.  It isn't difficult to tell where someone is from if you have spent time there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No.  Like everywhere, there are regional accents and almost dialect.  Northern communities tend to develop their own nuance.  Rather than "How are you?" , it is common to hear "How are yous?"  Or "Yous guys."  French varies quite a bit and the Maritimes have several accents.  It isn't difficult to tell where someone is from if you have spent time there. 

The difference to me, is a vacation home in B.C., local refer to cabin (or chalet if enough money), and maybe in Alberta. In Alberta people love to talk about owning "acreage".  

In Ontario it's a cottage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

This topic actually made me think, what does an American sound like?  A Texan sounds differently from a Bostonian, a Minnesotan to a Southerner and then there are us Spicoli speaking Californians...

I know some parts of Canada speak French but do all English speaking Kanucks sound alike? 

Yes, they sound like Bob & Doug.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Allen said:

I say, can’t, the right way. It rhymes with ain’t, not ant. 

Y’all rhymes with ball 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...