The story of the Huffy

ChrisL

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Tan rims?  WHAT were they thinking?  Until I got a closer look all I could think was rust!

They are more of a peach color. They were tan before I polished them.  Actually it’s a thick durable coating. No chips or rust coming through the rims unlike the frame.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, dennis said:

Looks good, but streamers would make it sing.

Oh damn I should have gotten some!

I left my phone in my car but she was so happy with it! I wish I could have gotta a picture of her doing a lap in their development with a big smile.

Bike stoke is so cool, even on a cheapie Huffy cruiser.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Oh damn I should have gotten some!

I left my phone in my car but she was so happy with it! I wish I could have gotta a picture of her doing a lap in their development with a big smile.

Bike stoke is so cool, even on a cheapie Huffy cruiser.

It sure is.

I thought I might blow my covid money on a new bike until I heard bike sales have skyrocketed. 

A LBS owner said a couple of second homeowners were isolating here. They didn't bring their bikes so they ordered new ones. $25k for the pair. 

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

When we cleared the stuff from Mom and Dad’s place in the country, our old 20” stingray bikes didn’t survive. We had ridden them to death anyway. However leaning against the garage was the old 26” Huffy road bike we shared after we out grew the 20” bikes. It didn’t get much use because it was 1 1/2 miles of gravel to pavement and that was a busy highway. I decided to bring it home. Why I don’t know. 
It sat in our garage for 5 years with nothing done to it. I looked it over when I was cleaning the garage a few weeks ago. It’s very rough but I think I can get it operable. Heard of rat rods? I think it’s going to be a rat roadie! Stay tuned!

• Heart 1