Guns and dating

Allen

My doomer neighbor has a girl over. First time I’ve seen him let anyone on his front porch since lockdown. 
Anyway they are out on the range shooting. 
Where do you rank, shooting guns, in quality of date? That’s a great date idea, or lord no, I’ll pass on lethality while courting?

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

My doomer neighbor has a girl over. First time I’ve seen him let anyone on his front porch since lockdown. 
Where do you rank, shooting guns, in quality of date? That’s a great date idea, or lord no, I’ll pass on lethality while courting?

Not my cup of tea nor his.

His father was shot dead in WWII. Enough said.

Funny this post came up today.  My wife is deathly fearful of guns and asked that I get my guns out of the house when our kids were born.  I gave my service revolver & 1911 to a brother in law to hold & he still has them.  However...

For the first time in nearly 30 years I disclosed what weapons I had in the house and where I kept them.  She knew I had some air rifles, she didn’t realize I had 2 rifles, pistol & a shotgun hidden away....

• Heart 4

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Funny this post came up today.  My wife is deathly fearful of guns and asked that I get my guns out of the house when our kids were born.  I gave my service revolver & 1911 to a brother in law to hold & he still has them.  However...

For the first time in nearly 30 years I disclosed what weapons I had in the house and where I kept them.  She knew I had some air rifles, she didn’t realize I had 2 rifles, pistol & a shotgun hidden away....

Did she disclose her hidden knives?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

There are a few guns I still wish to own. Mostly air guns though. 

• Heart 1

I wouldn’t think it a good first date idea, but we don’t have a lot of information to go on.  Shooting is supposed to turn some chicks on, according to movie I saw with guns in it.  I saw it decades ago and can’t remember anything else about it.  Probably funded by the NRA or somesuch. 

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

If that is something they both like why not?

Agreed.  I actually taught my wife how to shoot when we were dating. And she loved it.  She’s also a petty good shot.

Today, we were out shooting archery.  Good times. 😊 

• Heart 4

4 hours ago, Allen said:

I never took a girl shooting, even when I was around 12-14 and a bunch of us would shoot targets with 22's at an abandoned chalk quarry.

But...If she looks like Alyson Hannigan looked at the shooting range in an episode of That 70's Show, I'm all for it.

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, Allen said:

As a first date, not so good.  As just a general "date night" - ie let's do something fun???  I like it (if both folks are interested).  I definitely enjoy shooting things - not really target shooting - but rather bottles or cans sort of shooting. 

• Heart 1