Fucking hell

Dirtyhip

Well, a bit of good news.  I only snapped the fixing bolt.  I breathed a sigh of relief once that was figured out. 

New part ordered.  :hapydance:

Until my parts for the two come, I am down to the CruX, my commuter bike and the pump bike.  So really two, cause you can't really "ride" the pump bike anywhere. 

Since the commuter bike is relatively boring.  It's the CruX.  

Game on.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Well, a bit of good news.  I only snapped the fixing bolt.  I breathed a sigh of relief once that was figured out. 

New part ordered.  :hapydance:

Until my parts for the two come, I am down to the CruX, my commuter bike and the pump bike.  So really two, cause you can't really "ride" the pump bike anywhere. 

Since the commuter bike is relatively boring.  It's the CruX.  

Game on.

That's good to hear.

On a long ride many years ago, the non-drive crank arm on my bike worked its way off - either broken or loosened bolt. Anyway, lots of offers for help, but no one had an easy fix :)  I could attach and soft pedal, and also could coast, but walked a few hills for sure.  Simple five minute fix for the LBS, but a ROYAL PITA on a ride.

58 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That's good to hear.

On a long ride many years ago, the non-drive crank arm on my bike worked its way off - either broken or loosened bolt. Anyway, lots of offers for help, but no one had an easy fix :)  I could attach and soft pedal, and also could coast, but walked a few hills for sure.  Simple five minute fix for the LBS, but a ROYAL PITA on a ride.

Coasting is rad.  So, long as it is downhill.  HAHA

Still, I can't imagine my style of coasting with only one crankarm.  <death>

On 5/26/2020 at 8:05 AM, Razors Edge said:

That's good to hear.

I had the NDS crank bolt get loose on a square taper bottom bracket.

Found a piece of wood and rock and beat it back on as well as I could and tightened the bolt and limped on back home.

Ended up having to replace the crank as it was a bit wallowed out by all the movement when it was loose.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 10:14 AM, jsharr said:

I had the NDS crank bolt get loose on a square taper bottom bracket.

Found a piece of wood and rock and beat it back on as well as I could and tightened the bolt and limped on back home.

Ended up having to replace the crank as it was a bit wallowed out by all the movement when it was loose.

Was it feeling sorry for itself?