Damn you Ralph!

Wilbur

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

This is problematic in my area.  If it is a red day, you can't burn.  I believe that includes pellets stoves.

Many don;t adhere.  I would never skip the rules on this. 

Burn bans happen seldom around here and there are 2 levels.  If you have a certified stove -- you can burn in stage 1.  Most things here are stage 1.  When things get really bad, if you don't have electric heat, then you can still burn.  So all those folks breaking the rules down there -- maybe you just think they are breaking the rules? Once in awhile we get stage 1 but it doesn't affect me.  But then I purchased expensive stoves that burn the smoke.  My wood stove is also certified and has a baffle.  Do you have an inversion zone there?  I know when we lived in Spokane, there were burn bans all the time as the smoke wouldn't escape.

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Burn bans happen seldom around here and there are 2 levels.  If you have a certified stove -- you can burn in stage 1.  Most things here are stage 1.  When things get really bad, if you don't have electric heat, then you can still burn.  So all those folks breaking the rules down there -- maybe you just think they are breaking the rules? Once in awhile we get stage 1 but it doesn't affect me.  But then I purchased expensive stoves that burn the smoke.  My wood stove is also certified and has a baffle.  Do you have an inversion zone there?  I know when we lived in Spokane, there were burn bans all the time as the smoke wouldn't escape.

Inversion happens.  We are in a basin, so yup.

I turned on the heat at 2am a few nights ago, smelled something burning and found the blower stopped working. The code was flashing something about a limit circuit malfunction. They cant come look at it until late tomorrow. So no AC for us. :angry:

And Mrs wanted to give away all our electric fans that have been sitting in the basement.  ;)

I have to figure out how to do AC in my "luxury" apartment.  There's a "cool" button on the thermostat and I assume that handles it.  There's a gas furnace in my apartment's laundry/utility room but I don't know where the AC comes from or how much it interacts with the air in other apartments.

Right now, it's great to open the windows - which run almost solidily along my main room and bedrooms - and let 70° fresh air in.  That will end in June!  I don't have the cross-the-house draft that can make 80°+ temps very comfortable.

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

This is problematic in my area.  If it is a red day, you can't burn.  I believe that includes pellets stoves.

Many don;t adhere.  I would never skip the rules on this. 

Do you think EINSTEIN followed the RULES???

Do you think EDISON followed the RULES???

How about Michelangelo???? Or Leonardo??? Or any other TMNT???

Gotta break those rules as soon as they are set. Be brave!

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

You know what you are RE?  Besides an asshat -- you are a bonafide rule breaker.  I bet you cheat on your taxes too.

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Never on air quality, pollution, or things that affect the greater good /health of others.  Never. 

26 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Or the New England Patriots! 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Run down to the beach withoug a mask and start hugging people.