I have concluded

Gump

15 minutes ago, Zackny said:

That when a group of HD motorcyclist go by when your riding and give you the “low wave”, what they’re saying is “your badass”😁

happened twice while riding Sunday. 

I sometimes get "respect" from motorcyclists when out riding on Skyline Drive.  I think they appreciate my effort.  In general, though, I think the motorcyclist population is like the auto population (and likely most populations) where many (most) are self-centered and not too into caring about folks they pass.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Zackny said:

what they’re saying is “your badass”😁

happened twice while riding Sunday. 

Mutual understanding that if the wheels come out from beneath you both, it’s your flesh on the pavement.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I sometimes get "respect" from motorcyclists when out riding on Skyline Drive.  I think they appreciate my effort.  In general, though, I think the motorcyclist population is like the auto population (and likely most populations) where many (most) are self-centered and not too into caring about folks they pass.

It's like this..

• Haha 1

Back in the '80's my brother was in a Heavy Metal Band that played in a lot of biker bars.  When we'd go to see and back the band to show the bar owners it had a following, we made sure we had enough big guys in the group in case trouble erupted.  It was never necessary.  We got along fine with them.  They certainly had a different set of likes than us, but they always acted like decent people.

I had the same experience when my first trip to Mt. Rushmore occurred during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally - which I had never heard of.

Brother Tim, now in an Oldies Band and back in the day as Mr. Heavy Metal:

120226899_Timnowandthen..thumb.jpg.70897dee6cd996e2974892b06f400597.jpg

• Heart 2