5/26 miles & such

bikeman564™

Nice! We’ll be riding this evening. Every May I say my goal is 500 miles. I don’t think the weather has ever been good enough to get more than 200. Should be around 250 this year. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

a May mileage record of 705

Dude, you have several more days!  I might sneak past 500 depending on my schedule.

image.png.e89999d2d963b5f0d9c53048a9e096c7.png

Looks like 40+ of those are walks/hikes.  Interesting.  Never bothered to track my walks until this covid mess.  I wonder how much I "normally" do when working in the office.

• Heart 2

26.6 miles on the C&O Canal. Antietam to just shy of Williamsport. Ran into a guy i know from the LBS. He’s a regular customer. I’m barely starting the ride and I hear, “On your left”. I recognize him and say, “Hey Steve, Jack from the bike shop!” He did a double take. We rode together for about 12 miles talking stuff. Small world when you’re miles from home, on a semi-deserted path on a weekday. 

1BBC4E92-394E-4E9F-8D35-58A3728B2265.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

6 on the commute, about 3 miles push mowing the yard. 
Roadie is getting a new wheel set tomorrow. The Stradalli dish wheels are light, but I have had more bearing issues in 2 1/2 years than I have ever had with any other wheels. 
Had planned to get some Mavic wheels but LBS is only able to get disk brake rims at this time. Luckily one of his crew has some Shimano WH-RS500 rims that he never used. Going to give them a shot. 

• Heart 1