Are there such a thing as manslaughter wasps?

Wilbur

Every night in the summer I have one hornet come investigate the lights around my darts wall. Just one a night, but every night. My buddy loves to hunt them with a blow gun. The ceiling is wood, it can be a forest of blowgun needles by the end of the summer. 

• Haha 2

We have cicada killers in Texas. Huge things that sting cicadas and shove them down a hole they dug to feed their young.  They are pretty non aggressive unless you look like a cicada.

I think they are going to get confused with murder hornets and car jacking yellow jackets and money laundering paper wasps.

Ever heard of a cicada killer - Lounge - Schizophrenia.com

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We have cicada killer in Texas. Huge things that sting cicadas and shove them down a hole they dug to feed their young.  They are pretty non aggressive unless you look like a cicada.

I think they are going to get confused with murder hornets and car jacking yellow jackets and money laundering paper wasps.

This is why man should live in cold climates.  

• Heart 1

We do have carpenter bees.  Most of the time they don't bother you, but sometimes they insist on payment up front then don't clean up when the job is done, leaving piles of sawdust everywhere.  But who else can you get to do the job?  No WAY I'd hire the Gypsy Moths!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

We do have carpenter bees.  Most of the time they don't bother you, but sometimes they insist on payment up front then don't clean up when the job is done, leaving piles of sawdust everywhere.  But who else can you get to do the job?  No WAY I'd hire the Gypsy Moths!

My house is covered up in carpenter bees. I keep badminton rackets strategically placed around for when they need thinning out. I wouldn’t mind them except they are earring my house. Although they are only really bad during mating season, about two weeks every spring. 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Somewhere between normal wasps and Murder Wasps.  Jeebus they are huge this year. 

I've had a few cases of wasp nests under porches, in cellarways, etc. where I knocked them down with a hose or hit them with a pesticide spray can, then quickly ran away.  They would have slaughtered me if I didn't!

14 hours ago, Allen said:

My house is covered up in carpenter bees. I keep badminton rackets strategically placed around for when they need thinning out. I wouldn’t mind them except they are earring my house. Although they are only really bad during mating season, about two weeks every spring. 

Yeah, those guys are eating our pergola. I have used some inject able foam insecticide shot directly in the holes. Seems to quiet things down for a while, but they always come back. 

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, jsharr said:

We have cicada killers in Texas. Huge things that sting cicadas and shove them down a hole they dug to feed their young.  They are pretty non aggressive unless you look like a cicada.

Those things look evil.