SpaceX Launch

Razors Edge

54 minutes ago, 2Far said:

CNN f’ed up the coverage. The voice over was still counting down when they cut to a feed of the rocket well off the platform & angling away. 

That's all right.  NASA.gov did the same thing.  Later, the roles reversed with CNN lagging by about 15 seconds.

52 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

What's the purpose of leaving Earth?

NASA has committed to return to the moon in 4 years.  Meanwhile it's all basic research.  Eventually there may be things that can be made in orbit such as metal foam that can prove to be very useful.

14 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

What's the purpose of leaving Earth?

I loved a news "fill in air time" during the pre-launch when they interviewed a member in the newly created Space Force. The reporter actually asked the question if they would like to be known as the Space Cadets. By the puzzled expression of the interviewee (enlisted rank) he wasn't anticipating the question and after briefly thinking about it replies, "I hope so." :D

48 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I loved a news "fill in air time" during the pre-launch when they interviewed a member in the newly created Space Force. The reporter actually asked the question if they would like to be known as the Space Cadets. By the puzzled expression of the interviewee (enlisted rank) he wasn't anticipating the question and after briefly thinking about it replies, "I hope so." :D

Space Cowboys would be good too!

• Heart 1