That black man was clearly the aggressor

Randomguy

Sure, he didn't say anything aggressive in words, demeanor, or actions, but you could just tell.  ;)   

Harvard guys, huh?  He is lucky his reasonable, calm, and polite self is still alive after instigating and massively escalating like that with such an innocent and caring pet owner.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Sure, he didn't say anything aggressive in words, demeanor, or actions, but you could just tell.  ;)   

Harvard guys, huh?  He is lucky his reasonable, calm, and polite self is still alive after instigating and massively escalating like that with such an innocent and caring pet owner.

Okay, Boomer.  Karen.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

:TTIWWP:

Big story here.  White chick has her dog off-leash, which I normally always think is fine, although the area is leashes only in this bird-watching area.  I think bird-watching people are generally crazy as loons, too "Ooh, I saw a bird, those are SO rare!".

Anyway, black dude says politely to put your dog on a leash so I can leer at the sexy birds, but instead she chokes her dog half to death and calls the cops and says she is being threatened by this polite bird watcher.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

WTF is WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I generally think dogs should be free to be dogs and be off-leash.  I really don't care if they chase wildlife, that shit looks like fun!

Anyway, the guy seemed much nicer to her than he had to be.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I generally think dogs should be free to be dogs and be off-leash.

Get a yard or go to a dog park.

People who let their dogs off the leash in places like a park with other people in it also generally fall into the "let the dog shit wherever it wants and leave it as a surprise for someone else" category. 

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Get a yard or go to a dog park.

People who let their dogs off the leash in places like a park with other people in it also generally fall into the "let the dog shit wherever it wants and leave it as a surprise for someone else" category. 

WRONG!  You are stupid, dogs never poop outside.  They use the bathroom.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I generally think dogs should be free to be dogs and be off-leash.  I really don't care if they chase wildlife, that shit looks like fun!

Or attack other dogs... I nearly killed a dog because it’s ass hat owner had it off leash on a public green belt... Yeah don’t worry he won’t do anything.  Famous freaking last words...

Dogs in public places need to be on a leash.  

• Heart 2

Just now, ChrisL said:

Or attack other dogs... I nearly killed a dog because it’s ass hat owner had it off leash on a public green belt... Yeah don’t worry he won’t do anything.  Famous freaking last words...

Dogs in public places need to be on a leash.  

"But he's friendly" is such a great line.  Idiots.  Anyone who utters that is clearly a self-absorbed ass. Karen.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

"But he's friendly" is such a great line.  Idiots.  Anyone who utters that is clearly a self-absorbed ass. Karen.

My dog was good, and she was on a leash maybe 20 - 25 times in her life, and only when law enforcement was around.  Never attacked a dog or a person, because she was a good dog and was trained well.  That was Colorado, CA, and OR, though.  Plus, I am not a hoodlum and I knew my dog back and forth and upside down.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My dog was good, and she was on a leash maybe 20 - 25 times in her life, and only when law enforcement was around.  Never attacked a dog or a person, because she was a good dog and was trained well.  That was Colorado, CA, and OR, though.  Plus, I am not a hoodlum and I knew my dog back and forth and upside down.

And there we have it!  Good to hear all folks up in NYC are upstanding and responsible pet owners.  It must be paradise there.

19 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Every so often a deer bolts out of a copse of trees and toward the woods when I'm walking 100 lb Jake and it's all I can to to hold him back from chasing it.

Or else he sniffs them out and spots them in the woods before I do.

I wish I could let him off the leash to see what happens, but trail rules say no!

Of course, then they wouldn't get used to us not being a threat and give us a good look at them anymore.

919537592_20190401_171241900p.jpg.49d2f2e1cf1ab35ac085616f50bed61d.jpg 418800699_20190401_171254900p.jpg.ae9fb3a4fb4e084c7a7d9eadb2f793b7.jpg

Capture2aclar.JPG.f39dcd4b9348fa4977d2a0ff737c2af1.JPG Capture3clar.JPG.4f2d06d301407b0ac97a1aa8ad97355d.JPG

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Every so often a deer bolts out of a copse of trees and toward the woods when I'm walking 100 lb Jake and it's all I can to to hold him back from chasing it.

Or else he sniffs them out and spots them in the woods before I do.

I wish I could let him off the leash to see what happens, but trail rules say no!

Of course, then they wouldn't get used to us not being a threat and give us a good look at them anymore.

919537592_20190401_171241900p.jpg.49d2f2e1cf1ab35ac085616f50bed61d.jpg 418800699_20190401_171254900p.jpg.ae9fb3a4fb4e084c7a7d9eadb2f793b7.jpg

Capture2aclar.JPG.f39dcd4b9348fa4977d2a0ff737c2af1.JPG Capture3clar.JPG.4f2d06d301407b0ac97a1aa8ad97355d.JPG

Look, those deer need to be on their toes to escape all the bears, wolves, and coyotes on every trail, and how are they gonna do that without practice running away?  You would be doing the deer a service by letting the dog chase them.

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't know how it could possibly be legal to kneel on someone's neck, seems barbaric to me.

It’s a common law enforcement practice, I’ve done it numerous times.  

When you approach a suspect and are getting ready to handcuff them you are in an extremely vulnerable position.  Same applies in a fight.  So you put yourself in a position where the suspect can’t hurt you.  A knee on the neck prevents them from getting up & keeps the officer safe.  Now this is generally the back of the neck not the front.

The officers in question may have done it with excessive force or put pressure on his windpipe or the suspect may have had a medical issue that contributed to his death but a knee on a suspects neck has been done countless times over the past many decades by cops without injuring the suspect.

Just now, ChrisL said:

When you approach a suspect and are getting ready to handcuff them you are in an extremely vulnerable position.  Same applies in a fight.  So you put yourself in a position where the suspect can’t hurt you.  A knee on the neck prevents them from getting up & keeps the officer safe.  Now this is generally the back of the neck not the front.

The officers in question may have done it with excessive force or put pressure on his windpipe or the suspect may have had a medical issue that contributed to his death but a knee on a suspects neck has been done countless times over the past many decades by cops without injuring the suspect.

The officer continued to kneel on this neck for 3 minutes after the guy lost consciousness...I think at some point you are no longer subduing a suspect.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

The officer continued to kneel on this neck for 3 minutes after the guy lost consciousness...I think at some point you are no longer subduing a suspect.

From what I understand the officers have been fired so it appears excessive force was used.  But I’m merely trying to educate you guys that it’s a common law enforcement practice and when done in a safe manner does not injure the suspect.  

I know it sounds bad and the media is focusing on it but it’s not as bad as it sounds. I’ve had it done to me in training it’s not comfortable but not very painful either.

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Even still, the likelihood of causing permanent damage seems very high, especially if there is no resistance.  You see a lot of videos here where somebody is told to lie down, and they do right away and willingly, and some cop just jumps knee-first and basically beats the shit out of them for no reason.  I would be pissed and distrustful of the police if I was black, no question at all.

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Even still, the likelihood of causing permanent damage seems very high, especially if there is no resistance.  You see a lot of videos here where somebody is told to lie down, and they do right away and willingly, and some cop just jumps knee-first and basically beats the shit out of them for no reason.  I would be pissed and distrustful of the police if I was black, no question at all.

When done correctly the likelihood of injury is not high at all.  It’s just a matter of doing it correctly.

Look I get there are a hole cops that put the beat down on people. But putting a knee on ones neck isn’t as bad as it sounds.

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Look I get there are a hole cops that put the beat down on people. But putting a knee on ones neck isn’t as bad as it sounds.

I agree...Cops need to do their job and stay safe..but that was not the case last night in mpls.  It is sad that people have to fear the police..and that racism is so prevalent in our country...As with everything..there are good guys and bad guys...we mostly hear about the bad guys.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

But putting a knee on ones neck isn’t as bad as it sounds.

I get that it’s been done for years, but is it an approved, trained intervention at this point in time? Or just some rogue shit people with guns, batons and cuffs can do because they can? 

Approved restraint techniques have changed a lot in recent years.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I get that it’s been done for years, but is it an approved, trained intervention at this point in time? Or just some rogue shit people with guns, batons and cuffs can do because they can? 

Yeah good point, I don’t know...  

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Interesting article that leaves some ambiguity.  Knee on the neck is not trained but neck restraints are authorized as long as it doesn’t restrict breathing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kare11.com/amp/article/news/local/kare-11-investigates-experts-question-officers-actions/89-190fe263-f392-4c10-9308-9dc849a989c7