I have to check this place out.

Wilbur

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, but you are talking to a guy who drinks less than a case all year long.  :) 

Not when I am around!

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

That's what they're going for in places around here too.  I'm glad I don't drink. 

$6 - 8 are the most common here, but depending on where you would go (pre-covid), it might be $10 for a beer.

40 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You must remember being charged $8 for beer when you and the wife visited!

Yep. About the same around St. Louis. 

I have trouble paying nearly the same amount for one beer at a bar or restaurant for what I could take home a 6 pack.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I have trouble paying nearly the same amount for one beer at a bar or restaurant for what I could take home a 6 pack.

What are you drinking that you can get for $8 a 6 pack? I suspect there is a lot of misremembering going on in this thread. $7 a pint is pretty standard for anything decent on tap outside of happy hour these days. I would suspect north of $10 in Manhattan, probably $12,  actually. A 6 pack under $13 is either a steal or shit. 

9 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

That is what pulsates through my mind when I go to an ice cream parlor. Thank goodness, there are none around here to tempt me. The counters here just serve what one can buy in the store.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

That is what pulsates through my mind when I go to an ice cream parlor. Thank goodness, there are none around here to tempt me. The counters here just serve what one can buy in the store.

Me too.  I much prefer buying it at the store for $2.50 that will last for a week or two instead of paying more for a single serving. 

• Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What are you drinking that you can get for $8 a 6 pack?

Many of the local micro-brews have beer between $8 and $11 a 6-pack.  12-packs are usually in the $15 range.

A 30-pack of stuff like Bud Light and Coors can be had for $20.

4 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Me too.  I much prefer buying it at the store for $2.50 that will last for a week or two instead of paying more for a single serving. 

Who are you trying to kid????

6 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Our Baskin Robbins is right next store to a Giant grocery store.  Hmmm, five bucks for a few scoops and a cone, or two 1.5 quart containers of Breyers or whatever is on sale at Giant???  Hey kids, you can each choose an ice cream from the big freezer!

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Who are you trying to kid????

Our Baskin Robbins is right next store to a Giant grocery store.  Hmmm, five bucks for a few scoops and a cone, or two 1.5 quart containers of Breyers or whatever is on sale at Giant???  Hey kids, you can each choose an ice cream from the big freezer!

We quit going to B&R and supporting some other stores that supported wolf reintroduction in Yellowstone and surrounding areas, but that is just us.