Now that bicycles are getting popular..

Wilbur

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think I may sell my road bikes.  Maybe a few MTB's as well.  That would get me down to a cross bike and an mtb.   

Get rid of some guitars too.  How many do you need after all? 

I wrestle with this a bit as I see how much use each bike gets.  You can only ride one at a time.  I think three might be the sweet spot.  But we'll see.  If I knew someone who would ride my less used bikes more than me, I would consider giving one to them, but that's not an easy person to find. Usually, the riders are already riding.

• Heart 1

My cross bike has actually put my road bike into retirement & has taken a chunk out of my MTB riding.  But I could easily pare it down to the cross & MTB.  

Not that I want to but I could cut 2 bikes out of my stable and not miss them.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think I may sell my road bikes.  Maybe a few MTB's as well.  That would get me down to a cross bike and an mtb.   

Get rid of some guitars too.  How many do you need after all? 

Why in the hell of hells would you sell your bikes? Oh, and what size?

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Why in the hell of hells would you sell your bikes? Oh, and what size?

Well.. the cross bike can be used for road rides with slicks thrown on it.  I don't see myself becoming a huge road cyclist again.  It is just too dangerous and I have been hit by cars 4 times. 

I bought the Lynskey to help a friend out and didn't really need it.  It is a little too small as well. (54).  I ride two bikes. A specialized Epic and a Tricross.  The others are taken down a few tires a year for cleaning and hung back up.  One MTB is a 29er and I never liked it.  The trails I ride are more technical and it just doesn't work. 

I am thinking about thinning out woodworking tools as well.  

I think more than anything, I am feeling a need to lighten the load of "stuff". 

Just now, Wilbur said:

I have been hit by cars 4 times. 

:frantics:

Ever injured?  Four times is scary.  I did almost get crunched by a bus, but hopped the curb at the last moment.  I've been hit crossing city streets while walking as idiots look left to make a right turn on red.  But, so far, not hit by a car while riding. 

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Ever injured?

Was Evil Kenevil ever injured? :) 

First time: Multiple broken fingers, femur, hip, 1 vertebrae, cheek bone. 

Second time: imbedded glass and hundreds of blackberry thorns. 

Third time; Internal hemorrhaging including an Aortic tear,  road rash but lots of it.  Close call.. 

Fourth time: Torn Achilles Tendon and some vein damage.

• Sad 4

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think more than anything, I am feeling a need to lighten the load of "stuff". 

It sounds like you are planning on dying, but I think that is the wrong thing to do.  Getting rid of stuff does feel good, though.

The Lynskey is my size, too, let me know if you are just gonna put it in the trash or something crazy like that.  As an alternate to getting rid of your road bikes, maybe you could just stop getting hit by cars?

I unloaded two of mine last year. It hurt to see them go, but now I'm thinking I still have too many. The last few in my stable were given to me, two by a dying friend who wanted to be sure his favorite bikes went to a good home, so if I get rid of them, I will be very selective in who gets them.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I wrestle with this a bit as I see how much use each bike gets.  You can only ride one at a time.  I think three might be the sweet spot.  But we'll see.  If I knew someone who would ride my less used bikes more than me, I would consider giving one to them, but that's not an easy person to find. Usually, the riders are already riding.

Any friend or family member who might not have a lot of money but would appreciate one for even short trips.

I gave away my lst bike afer riding it a lot for 14 yrs., to a sister.  I don't think she likes it much, but her daughter has been on it for short rides. She's only 13 yrs. old but already close to my height.  Whenever I visit Toronto, I borrow the bike for a few days. :D  It's so handy!!

I went in WalMart a couple days ago as my "smart" thermostat told me the AC filter needed to be replaced. Walmart is the only place, other than the dealer, that carries the 20x22 filter. Had the front area past the registers cordoned off so had to take the back aisle across. Went past sporting goods in the process and only one 9" kids bike in stock! I did buy a can of bike degreaser as about to re-pack the hubs and BB. It was eerie seeing all the racks empty. After getting the filter and retracing my steps went by the sewing area and wife indicated she needed some thread for cross-stitch where she ran out. Told he glad she didn't make a special trip as the threads were 95% sold out, and across the aisle the small fabric squares was totally sold out as ideal for face masks.

• 2 weeks later...