Tonight's chicken breast

petitepedal

Forgot to take a breast out of the freezer..so I picked 1 up after work..1 you say..yes it was 1.3 pounds. I cut off what would maybe be the tender..anyway..it had a clear line..used Italian seasoning and baked it. Split the rest in 1/2..down the center so I had two thinner breasts..wrapped one up and put it in the freezer..cut the other one in half and pounded it out..salt & pepper and some of Emeril's basic seasoning..and cooked them on the stove top....at least 4 meals going on that piece of bird.

• Heart 3

21 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Forgot to take a breast out of the freezer..so I picked 1 up after work..1 you say..yes it was 1.3 pounds. I cut off what would maybe be the tender..anyway..it had a clear line..used Italian seasoning and baked it. Split the rest in 1/2..down the center so I had two thinner breasts..wrapped one up and put it in the freezer..cut the other one in half and pounded it out..salt & pepper and some of Emeril's basic seasoning..and cooked them on the stove top....at least 4 meals going on that piece of bird.

The genetic improvements to make chickens grow faster apparently worked best on the breasts., with the legs, thighs, and wings getting left out.  When I shredded the 5 lb chicken I used in my last chicken soup, it seems to take forever to get all the white meat cut and torn into bite-size pieces.