Stuck in a Chick Phallus drive -thru

Dottleshead

We have eaten there when we travel. We don’t have one near us. I think their employees make a real effort to be pleasant and their food is pretty good for fast food. I would probably go there occasionally if we had one locally. I am in agreement with their beliefs and would support them for that reason alone as long as their food isn’t terrible. We basically don’t do fast food very often.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

We have eaten there when we travel. We don’t have one near us. I think their employees make a real effort to be pleasant and their food is pretty good for fast food. I would probably go there occasionally if we had one locally. I am in agreement with their beliefs and would support them for that reason alone as long as their food isn’t terrible. We basically don’t do fast food very often.

I'm on the opposite side of their beliefs, but have respect for them in they treat their employees well and their food is as good or better than other fast food joints.  Their waffle fries and milkshakes are quite reasonable and tasty.  The basic chicken sandwich is definitely worth getting.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

There is one somewhere around Youngstown and they were one of the sponsors of the Victory Compassion Ministries 5K races that I have run in. They fed everyone after the race.

After a race/event, that might be the ultimate post-race food.  Sweet and/or salty!  From what I understand, they do some sort of pickle juice brining to the chicken, and then the little pickle added to the sandwich completes it.  For me though, a cold shake, waffle fries w/ ketchup, and some shade really would be nice.

Our local century always has the Schwanns truck handing out ALL YOU CAN EAT ice cream stuff.  I usually get a couple of the sundae cones, but sometimes add a ice cream sandwich. I never like the food options, but the dessert and the cold sodas are great.

When they opened out here it was pandemonium too.  Their customer service training is also emulated by several other corporations.

My son used to play games every Tuesday night at a field near a Chick Fil A. We would make a stop there and I liked the plain chicken sandwich the best.  Often times I’d get several, chuck the bun and eat them like giant chicken nuggets.

• Haha 2

I have eaten there a few times.  First time was pretty good, second time was so-so, and third time was great.

Food is so hard to get consistent consistency in the product, so there will always be some variation.  That said, the service was excellent, and you remember being treated well.   

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have eaten there a few times. 

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

There is a Chick-fil-a across the street maybe 100 yards from the apartment

WTF?????

Ours is maybe  300 yds away.  I've eaten from there way more than a few times.

20 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

There is a Chick-fil-a across the street maybe 100 yards from the apartment, maybe my celebratory stimulus meal can be a chicken sandwich.  I will report how the experience is when I go.

Try it my way!   Get a couple of plain sandwiches, chuck the bread but keep the pickle on the breast and dip it in the house sauce like a giant chicken nugget.  I have tried their nuggets too but the breast is better than the nuggets.

• Heart 1

I had their fried spicy chicken sandwich and did everything I could not to like it.  I failed.  I also got it with a cup of fruit -- of real fresh cut fruit -- which I found to be a nice alternative.  They also have grilled chicken pieces that are much healthier and quite tasty -- but pretty expensive too.  So I think they're good but I can tell you I will not get in line again for it.  They are not 15-20 minutes good. But they are above average.

• 3 weeks later...

So about 3 days ago my wife got a spicy chicken sandwich from Chick Fellatio or whatever their name is and said I could have it.  I must say that even after the 3 day fridge fest -- it was quite tasty.  I think they marinate because it tastes better than say Popeyes -- even though the Popeye chicken sandwich is pretty grubbin' too.

8 minutes ago, Dottles said:

The one thing I did notice after 72 hours of cool down -- was the salt.  I definitely picked up on that.  It seemed to register on the radar better when it was cold.

It's a prime taste improver in almost all fast food.  Lots and lots of salt, like your weeks allotment.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

It's a prime taste improver in almost all fast food.  Lots and lots of salt, like your weeks allotment.

Every time i go to the cardiologist guy, he asks how the low salt diet is going. I always tell him that fast food still tastes salty. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dottles said:

So about 3 days ago my wife got a spicy chicken sandwich from Chick Fellatio or whatever their name is and said I could have it.  I must say that even after the 3 day fridge fest -- it was quite tasty.  I think they marinate because it tastes better than say Popeyes -- even though the Popeye chicken sandwich is pretty grubbin' too.

Daughter 1 says that Popeyes has twice the calories!

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Daughter 1 says that Popeyes has twice the calories!

Tell your daughter thank you.  Fact is fast food is a killer.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/menu-items/spicy-chicken-sandwich

https://fastfoodnutrition.org/popeyes/chicken-sandwich

About 460 vs 700 -- advantage Chick Filet.